Favorite Unit Packs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

That's ok. I'll confirm it later on so thanks for checking. If you do have a functioning config patch you feel comfortable sharing I'd appreciate it. I just want to "confirm" the issue so I can let the 3CB team know.

3. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

I think you have answered your question self.
    After change to correct faction class you have :

[16,33,0]

16 profiles east
    33 profiles west
    0 profiles independent

But there are still no vehicles or would be wanilla arma blufor vehicles groups used as you have left there NATO faction as main OPCOM faction

4. @DaVidoSS I think you have answered your question self.
    After change to correct faction class you have :

[16,33,0]

16 profiles east
    33 profiles west
    0 profiles independent

But there are still no vehicles or would be wanilla arma blufor vehicles groups used as you have left there NATO faction as main OPCOM faction

Isn't there supposed to be 100 profiles for west and 100 profiles for east?

5. Is not, because you have limited the groups count to 20

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Gotcha. I made that test super super quickly and very early this morning after having this issue on some missions I made and missions other people made. Clearly I didn't look at it closely enough when I made the test. I'll spend some time with this later. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait? Are you talking about the active limiter? The profiles should still show up with debug on, right? At least when I have the active limiter on 15 in my very large missions, 100's of OPFOR profiles still show up so I don't think that can be the issue.

7. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Maybe, i am not sure about. Anyway there also not much placement for each sides. After i add mill placement the count of entities has grow up

[57,54,0]

and there will be more after some time due to reinforcement events.
    But the blue vehicles groups are not there

8. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah. I don't want to keep spamming the forums so I'll just say that 57,54 is much more appropriate (thanks for testing!) so it obviously is something I did wrong and not the faction itself. The example mission I posted was just an (incredibly sloppy) attempt to show OPFOR spawn 100 virtual units and 3CB not spawning nearly as many.

I probably have the faction name wrong or something so thanks for confirming its a "me" issue. Thanks man.

9. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Why you mean that we are spamming the forum? where we should write about then if not here?

After 10 min you have

[88,105,0]

10. Spam away, gentlemen :)

11. Not you Davidoss. You speak valuable information meant to be consumed by the masses. I talk gibberish and make bad tests and walk in circles wondering why the room is spinning. :)

I'm happy to see the test mission working correctly. Now just to find out what went wrong in my real missions and I'll be golden.

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@DaVidoSS But there are still no vehicles or would be wanilla arma blufor vehicles groups used as you have left there NATO faction as main OPCOM faction

I just caught this part. You say NATO. Is this 88,105,0 with NATO as BLUFOR or 3CB as BLUFOR?

As long as UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP is in all of the force faction lines, no NATO troops or vehicles should spawn. What's left should be 3CB infantry only.

Are the units 3CB infantry or NATO?

13. 3CB only i have removed the NATO entry that you have set in opcom setup.

14. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

But putting 3CB in the force faction line removes NATO automatically...

Either way I'm happy to see 3CB healthily populate the map for you. Very good news.

15. Not really no vehicles group there

16. Vehicle groups can be manually placed and synced to the virtual AI module for OPCOM to use. Above our discussion in this thread, AuTigerGrad details how to get vehicles working with 3CB.

17. Ok...I think I know what's happening here. I would love some confirmation if I could.

Two tests. One with 3CB and the other BLU_F. Everything else vanilla on Stratis.

3CB: With Company Size 200 in the Force Size, after 5 minutes, I had 11 available units on the map.

BLU_F: With a Company Size 200 in the Force Size, after 5 minutes, I had 8 available units on the map.

I must have misinterpreted what Force Size actually means. I assumed a force could consist of any variation of actual soldiers or vehicles. So 1 could equal 5-10 actual soldiers depending on the way the unit was configed. Meaning 200 Force Size could actually be upwards of 1,000 physical soldiers/vehicles/etc.

It would seem to me that this would be wrong, and Force Size must mean the actual number of physical objects. So 200 would = 200 total entities on the map. That would make sense, because 8-11 units as I was seeing could actually consist of 200 units or objects.

TLDR: Does Force Size equal the literal number of actual entities? 200 = 200 soldiers or 200 = squads?

18. 200 = 200 units

19. Ugh...

Does limiting the Active Limiter also limit the number of units on the map then? I have it at 15. Does that mean I'll never have more than 15 units on the map (that I can see with virtual AI debugged and also see in "operations")?

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Active limiter only controls how many profiles can be active at a given time. It has no effect on un-spawned profiles. It does not affect debug visuals.

21. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

SOLVED! Thanks to Spyder for clearing this up. 3CB is fine. The units available in operations is fine. I horribly misunderstood the military speak here (what a unit is, etc) and should really feel awful for dragging you guys into that. My apologies.

or Sign Up to reply!