Favorite Unit Packs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

But putting 3CB in the force faction line removes NATO automatically...

Either way I'm happy to see 3CB healthily populate the map for you. Very good news.

3. Not really no vehicles group there

4. Vehicle groups can be manually placed and synced to the virtual AI module for OPCOM to use. Above our discussion in this thread, AuTigerGrad details how to get vehicles working with 3CB.

5. Ok...I think I know what's happening here. I would love some confirmation if I could.

Two tests. One with 3CB and the other BLU_F. Everything else vanilla on Stratis.

3CB: With Company Size 200 in the Force Size, after 5 minutes, I had 11 available units on the map.

BLU_F: With a Company Size 200 in the Force Size, after 5 minutes, I had 8 available units on the map.

I must have misinterpreted what Force Size actually means. I assumed a force could consist of any variation of actual soldiers or vehicles. So 1 could equal 5-10 actual soldiers depending on the way the unit was configed. Meaning 200 Force Size could actually be upwards of 1,000 physical soldiers/vehicles/etc.

It would seem to me that this would be wrong, and Force Size must mean the actual number of physical objects. So 200 would = 200 total entities on the map. That would make sense, because 8-11 units as I was seeing could actually consist of 200 units or objects.

TLDR: Does Force Size equal the literal number of actual entities? 200 = 200 soldiers or 200 = squads?

6. 200 = 200 units

7. Ugh...

Does limiting the Active Limiter also limit the number of units on the map then? I have it at 15. Does that mean I'll never have more than 15 units on the map (that I can see with virtual AI debugged and also see in "operations")?

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Active limiter only controls how many profiles can be active at a given time. It has no effect on un-spawned profiles. It does not affect debug visuals.

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

SOLVED! Thanks to Spyder for clearing this up. 3CB is fine. The units available in operations is fine. I horribly misunderstood the military speak here (what a unit is, etc) and should really feel awful for dragging you guys into that. My apologies.

or Sign Up to reply!