ALiVE Map List and Descriptions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

What would be a good map for a spec-ops style, nvg wearing, fly in, blow stuff up and get the heck out kind of mission? Something with a decent amount of enterable buildings and not super small I think would make the most sense. I'd love some suggestions.

I'm thinking of setting up something with a small fire team and auto-generated tasking. We'll likely use a helicopter only to move around so it should probably play nice with elevation (sorry CLAfghan). It can be from any part of the world. I just want to feel like I'm descending into hell when we fastrope out of the chopper. :)

I'm open to ideas. Just don't want to spend the next several days just download maps only to not like them or whatever.

3. N'Ziwasogo (jungle theme)
    Lingor
    Gorgona (small but good)
    Isola de Capraia (has cool floating airfield in NW corner)

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah so I scouted N'Ziwasogo last night and it's awesome!!!! But what the hell is up with that bird sound??? It would drive me insane. :( Really a damn shame because it would be damn perfect but my OCD can't take it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh.... :)

So Isola de Capraia seems nice! Looks like Russain and/or middle eastern fighters would work also. Very cool.

Is it playing nicely with CUP map pack?

And Lingor looks great too. I thought I read it was having issues with ALiVE or issues in general. Had you heard that at all? I'll look into it. Lots of good choices here.

6. I think the issues were with Isla Duala (another Icebreakr map) which there was a fix released recently... could be wrong though ;) If you've never used Lingor before you are in for a treat!

The bird sounds on N'Ziwasogo - check the BIS forum thread for that map - I think someone released a small mod that removes that sound... or there is a way to do it manually (ie: remove the .pbo file for that sound).

Capraia - one of my all time favorites and great FPS

7. Yeah man I'm thinking for this specific mission, Capraia it is! Just watched a video on YouTube with some guys taking off from the airbase. :) Wow. If it has enough buildings it will be perfect. Are you using CUP or AiA.

Lingor and Isla Duala look amazing too. So many choices.

I'll look back through the N'Ziwasogo thread again but I skimmed it and didn't see any custom patches or the name of the sound file to remove. Do you have the answer to that handy by chance?

8. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Sorry just going from my (failing) memory. Check the .pbo files if you've already downloaded it - perhaps it will be obvious ie: annoying_fucking_bird_sounds.pbo :)

It's been a while since I fired up Capraia so it was probably with AiA. Not a ton of buildings at the airfield however you can always add more (vid below @ 17 seconds in)

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah Savage, Capraia is remarkable. At first I thought it may have too few civ/mil objects but when I turned on debug and the map lit up like a Christmas tree, my heart melted. :)

Doing a bit of googling and not having any luck. Is there a boat or submarine mod I could use to get from the ship to the land? I plan on mainly using a transport chopper but for operations right on the coast line, I'd love to be able to travel that way. I'd definitely prefer a boat but any water transport vehicles I could drive would work.

EDIT: You know I didn't even think to check. I wonder if vanilla NATO has some boats I could use...hmmmm.

10. Vanilla has armed speedboats and rubber insertion boats. Nothing bigger though.

I am trying to find a good East European/Balkans style map(not Chernarus!) for our next campaign. Half through with our Insurgency on Al Rayak and I want to move to a different theater for an Open Warfare style map. Players vs. Russian/Chechen .. Maybe Georgian intervention? Ukraine? something along those lines.

11. Chernarus!

I kid I kid

12. @ski2060 Vanilla has armed speedboats and rubber insertion boats. Nothing bigger though.

I am trying to find a good East European/Balkans style map(not Chernarus!) for our next campaign. Half through with our Insurgency on Al Rayak and I want to move to a different theater for an Open Warfare style map. Players vs. Russian/Chechen .. Maybe Georgian intervention? Ukraine? something along those lines.

Do you know where I can get something that can hold an 8 man team?

13. Hmm... I think the armed patrol boat is 7-8 men. Might want to check it out and see.
    I will look around for larger boat transport for you.

14. @ski2060 Hmm... I think the armed patrol boat is 7-8 men. Might want to check it out and see.
    I will look around for larger boat transport for you.

Cool. Thanks man. I'd return the favor by recommending an Eastern European map but the only ones I know are Chernerus and Esseker. What about Bornholm?

15. I'll look at Bornholm, but I think it's a bit more island than I want. Looking at something large, woods, water, maybe hills/mountains.
    If Esseker were set up for ALiVE it would be perfect, but I have not the expertise or patience to do the ALiVE map indexing for it.

While not a patrol vessel, here's a vehicle/personnel transport: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27758 Burnes Armory Mk10 LCU.

16. Ah nice! This will also do nicely seeing as I'm playing as British Royal Marines. :) Burnes is amazing and I had no clue this existed. Thank you.

Now hopefully there's a way to actually board when I park it next to the carrier on Capraia.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

17. Look at one of the LHD models? There's a video showing the use of the Burnes LCAC to load a tank and a Hummer onto one from the well deck of an LHD.
    https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170075-burnes-armories-tanks-and-deployment-vehicles/?hl=burnes

18. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah good call. I'm hoping the pre-built carrier on Capraia actually has a well/docking area similar to what the LHD has. I'll have to look later. But now I have options so I appreciate it. :)

19. Ski, according to the Wiki, Esseker is already indexed.

20. Oh snap! I missed that! Wooo...

21. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

The airfield on Capraia is not a carrier - just a few 'floating' runways and taxi areas. I can't recall if it has a 'launch area' ie: a ramp into the water or similar.

@ski2060 I am trying to find a good East European/Balkans style map(not Chernarus!) for our next campaign. Half through with our Insurgency on Al Rayak and I want to move to a different theater for an Open Warfare style map.

Small but good: Caribou Frontier
    Taviana
    Thirsk
    Everon 2014

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!