recruit AI

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Hey spyder, have you removed your reqruit script from github? My harddrive broke down a couple of months ago, and i did not have a backup. Can you please give me a new link?

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I transferred a lot of my work to this mod
    https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons

Everything has been converted into module format for quick and easy mission making.

4. @SpyderBlack723 I transferred a lot of my work to this mod

Everything has been converted into module format for quick and easy mission making.

Oh wow! Thanks Spyder. I have a pretty bare bones mission that would really benefit from this. :) And thank you so much for making it module form!

5. @SpyderBlack723 I transferred a lot of my work to this mod

Ok thanks:-) But how do i install this? the files are not in .pbo format.

6. It's a mod, just add it to your startup line. Once in the editor, go to modules, select SpyderAddons and then there are several modules that you are able to place down.

7. i tried that, its not working. nothing is showing up in the editor under modules. It does show up on expansions. is it correct that i download the zip file from github? the develop folder?

8. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't seen how he's packed this newest version but I have an older one that's all nicely placed in a folder called @SpyderAddons. You place that in your mod line and it should show up in the editor.

I haven't actually tried it myself yet but that is how it should work. You run this like any other mod (such as ALiVE).

Edit: I stand corrected. This must have been packed differently. Thanks Spyder.

9. Here use this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfw6p9tscstw9bd/SpyderAddons_v0.4.rar?dl=0

10. Thanks:-) its working! Ive testet it a bit, and the only word i have is amazing! Its so simple, and yet so powerfull. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all help! Back to the Editor...

11. Spyder, would you consider adding your ambient vehicle script to your addons modules? I'm editing a mission currently and just discovered in an older post (mid Oct) that Autigergrad has been populating his missions using something you made. Has it been released? Or is there a way to do this organically through the available ALiVE modules? "Ambient Vehicles" seems to populate plenty just sitting there around the map. But I'd like to see them being driven around and possibly carrying enemies.

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If I'm not making sense, it's this glorious sounding thing you talked about here: http://alivemod.com/forum/1430-civilian-traffic

Wow. It even has ambient animals and the potential for vehicles to have enemies in them. I'd really like to use this if you feel comfortable sharing.

13. Yes that's the same thing. I'll put it into a module some day when I'm not lazy enough (Will have to completely rewrite it).

14. Thanks Spyder. I'm reading through the instructions from the other thread (I've never installed any scripts before). I see your Ambience script uses CAF Ag organically. The mission I'm editing also uses that mod.

With that in mind (me using CAF), If I were to just add your script to my mission root and initiate it in the init.sqf (assuming I can figure out how to do that. LOL!), will that be enough to get everything basically working? I don't need anything perfect because I realize I don't know scripting. If not, are there more detailed instructions included in the download for initiating animals and enemies posing as civs ,etc?

15. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Haven't used it in awhile but..

I believe if you just add the "SpyderAmbiance" folder from the download to the root of your mission folder. Make sure when you download it, unzip the folder first, you use the SpyderAmbiance folder that is also in the same place as "MapIndexingInstructions.txt".

[true, true, 30] execVM "SpyderAmbiance\init.sqf";

Add the above line to your init.sqf (if there isn't one already made, create one in the root of your mission folder), it should work.

16. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I tried adding [true, true 30] execVM "SpyderAmbiance\init.sqf"; to my mission's original init.sqf and placing the SpyderAmbience folder to my mission root and it's not working.

Probably a dumb question but I see your zip file has an init.sqf already in it. And it has A LOT more written in it than the line I just posted. Am I supposed to copy/paste the entirety of your init.sqf to the one in my mission root?

For the heck of it, I un-PBO'd one of Autigergrad's missions that use your Ambience scripts and his mission init.sqf also seems to have a lot more than that one line that would seem to be used to initialize it. Perhaps I can't see the entire line I was supposed to type in because I'm on my phone?

Oh! I also see the Muslim Call to Prayer in his mission folder. :) Man I love that. You guys should release it! It adds a lot to the environment.

17. Well, it seems to be in demand so I'll start making it into a module in the coming days.

18. Yes! Thank you. It adds so much awesomeness that's it's hard playing ALiVE missions without it. I appreciate it Spyder.

19. Hey spyder, can you upload your mod to steam workshop, armaholic etc?

I am planning to upload a mission to workshop, and it requires your mod, might be more convinient for people to download from there instead from your dropbox.

Btw im getting a error message when using your mod and alive: C2ISTAR/TASKING description.sqf is missing. I don not remember to complete error meassage, im typing this on my phone...

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

My mod shouldn't have anything to do with it (run once with and without my mod just in case to check). Should be a simple fix for ALiVE though, single line :)

I'll look into Armaholic/Steam.

21. Brawler, I'm getting the same error on several of my ALiVE missions once I open the editor. Everything seems to work when I actually play the mission so I haven't tried to narrow down the culprit.

Spyder, when you get your Ambiance modules all set, would it be possible to include them in your already available @SpyderAddons? If it's easy for you to do that, that is. I'm not sure if you were planning a standalone release or not.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!