recruit AI

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

OK. Thanks for looking into it!

3. thanks spyder for your help. If you want to make custom factions to work, you can ask dev team for the script for reinforcment from the player logistic module. rhs is working fine this way, i have not tried the others though. And if some factions don't work, players need to recruit single units. What do you think?

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The problem is, they made it work with ALiVE, but they did not do a full remap of the RHS groups (no need to in the scope of ALiVE). And the code they used to make it work with ALiVE won't work it's magic here unfortunately.

If only RHS mapped their groups the same way BIS did :\

5. Ok thats a shame, either way you can spawn induvidual units, so you can create a group based on mission requirements, and that is over all the best solution. Btw am starting to get my mission ready for alpha release, thanks to you for your awesome help With recruit script and tactical command, and i might ask you for more. My plan is to have a massive convensional war on altis between us army and usmc fighting in a joint opperation againts russian motorrifle troops and Airborne troops, i want this to fairy long and realistic fight, and it will be designed mainly for soloplay. With a mix of task generated by oppcom and custom tasks,++++. Right now am testing performance to get a lot of ai as possible but still remaining smooth performance, stay tuned!

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Interesting! Keep us posted. Currently back to making my own mission myself, which I haven't done in a long time

7. Edited 8 years ago by Brawler

Hey spyder, i had to drop one big mission, and i will redo it with several parts insted, its simply too big for a normal pc to handle. So i want to have smaller contested areas and auto tasks. Mission will end when the forcepool is 0. Can i add a win/lose trigger that detect when forcepool is 0? So when russians are out. Mission will be succeeded. And when us is 0, mission will fail. I have looked trough functions wiewer. But i cant find that function. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

// example: get the global force pool count for the BLU_F faction _currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

Yeah there is a function on the wiki that you can use coupled with like a waitUntil or trigger in order to end the mission. I can try to write something up when I get home but if you want to have a go yourself you can look above ( on mobile atm so cant put in code box, sorry).

A side note: I'm gonna leave the unit spawner how it is right now. I don't have the time to worry about implementing group spawning and there might just be an ALiVE feature built in to spawn units in the future (other than player logistics).

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ok, assuming I didn't make any errors while writing this, one way you could do it would be this

_factionPlayer = "";
    _factionEnemy = "";

waitUntil {sleep 20;(
    	(([ALIVE_globalForcePool,_factionPlayer] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet) == 0) or
    		{(([ALIVE_globalForcePool,_factionEnemy] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet) == 0)
    })};

if (([ALIVE_globalForcePool,_factionPlayer] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet) == 0) then {
    	["Lost"] call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;
    } else {
    	["Won"] call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;
    };

All you would have to do is execute this in a scheduled environment (spawn,execVM) since the waitUntil suspends the script and fill in the _factionPlayer and _factionEnemy lines. You would put the player's faction in the _factionPlayer and the enemy faction in _factionEnemy
    ex:

_factionPlayer = "BLU_F";
    _factionEnemy = "OPF_F";
  10. Hey spyder, have you removed your reqruit script from github? My harddrive broke down a couple of months ago, and i did not have a backup. Can you please give me a new link?

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I transferred a lot of my work to this mod
    https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons

Everything has been converted into module format for quick and easy mission making.

12. @SpyderBlack723 I transferred a lot of my work to this mod

Everything has been converted into module format for quick and easy mission making.

Oh wow! Thanks Spyder. I have a pretty bare bones mission that would really benefit from this. :) And thank you so much for making it module form!

13. @SpyderBlack723 I transferred a lot of my work to this mod

Ok thanks:-) But how do i install this? the files are not in .pbo format.

14. It's a mod, just add it to your startup line. Once in the editor, go to modules, select SpyderAddons and then there are several modules that you are able to place down.

15. i tried that, its not working. nothing is showing up in the editor under modules. It does show up on expansions. is it correct that i download the zip file from github? the develop folder?

16. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't seen how he's packed this newest version but I have an older one that's all nicely placed in a folder called @SpyderAddons. You place that in your mod line and it should show up in the editor.

I haven't actually tried it myself yet but that is how it should work. You run this like any other mod (such as ALiVE).

Edit: I stand corrected. This must have been packed differently. Thanks Spyder.

17. Here use this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfw6p9tscstw9bd/SpyderAddons_v0.4.rar?dl=0

18. Thanks:-) its working! Ive testet it a bit, and the only word i have is amazing! Its so simple, and yet so powerfull. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all help! Back to the Editor...

19. Spyder, would you consider adding your ambient vehicle script to your addons modules? I'm editing a mission currently and just discovered in an older post (mid Oct) that Autigergrad has been populating his missions using something you made. Has it been released? Or is there a way to do this organically through the available ALiVE modules? "Ambient Vehicles" seems to populate plenty just sitting there around the map. But I'd like to see them being driven around and possibly carrying enemies.

20. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If I'm not making sense, it's this glorious sounding thing you talked about here: http://alivemod.com/forum/1430-civilian-traffic

Wow. It even has ambient animals and the potential for vehicles to have enemies in them. I'd really like to use this if you feel comfortable sharing.

21. Yes that's the same thing. I'll put it into a module some day when I'm not lazy enough (Will have to completely rewrite it).

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!