Mission Templates

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  3. @HeroesandvillainsOS  If anyone wants to make some insurgency mission templates together, I have a sales pitch for you here :) :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159708-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment/page-353

If you want to do something like this to keep your mission changes tracked and available for feedback/contributions, I'd be willing to take a look occasionally or help you work through any specific issues. As you can see from the link, I'm working on something similar for a few friends, but I've only started my Arma authoring journey in the last couple of months, so I don't have a lot of experience to draw from.

4. I can tell by the resolved and tracked issues you have much more experience than me. LOL! That's actually a really great idea (the github). If someone with a deeper skill set than what I current possess (which would be anyone, actually :) ) hops on board, I'll definitely start a page just like yours. I just don't have the knowledge to fix any of the bugs unless they reside within the modules themselves, making a site like that sort of moot.

I'd also like to try your mission. :)

5. Github works just fine for distribution even if you don't make use of the bugtracking and related features. Having the ability to look through a folder directory or the download is nice as well to any possible users.

6. would someone be willing to make a Wasteland (A3 Wasteland) style mission/mission template for ALiVE?

7. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  8. Congraatz

9. Once you play it you'll take that back. :(

10. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

We alll started somewhere ;)

11. Don't worry.. my very first mission (more of an edit for Domination) in Arma 2 I fucked up a halo script and ended up killing all players about 30 seconds after mission start ;) This was on a public server too... so always test before release especially in MP!

Congrats will try to find some time to play it this weekend.

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ha! Yeah I don't think any mistakes I made will kill everyone on mission start so I guess I can feel good about that. What I think I'll do is let the mission breathe here and in the ALiVE thread for a day or two before actually posting it in the User Mission area on BIS. But before doing that I should probably have a "name" for it. Any ideas are welcome. How does Operation Shitshow sound? :)

I'd love for you to try it Savage! That would mean a lot. I think it's actually pretty decent and polished (famous last words). And fun! I've been messing with making this for I'd say around 50 + hours or so. Any feedback would be great. The documentation on ALiVE is a little loose so I'm sure I made some obvious missteps.

Any impressions at all would be fantastic. Thanks for all the help.

13. thanks a lot for this mission, i go to play on reshmaan now :)

14. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Cool Sam. Thanks for trying it. Let me know if you have any issues or have any questions! If this is your first time playing an Assymetric Insurgency ALiVE mission, you may have some basic "how to play" questions too. If you get hung up I'll be more than happy to help.

15. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  16. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just a heads up to anyone looking to download Operation Landlord. I had a real tough time getting the mission to load with the ALiVE Data module and persistence enabled on my dedicated server until as a last ditch effort, I changed the mission name to "Operation_Landlord.Altis"

I don't think War Room likes the %20% stuff.

Just a total guess but that's what I needed to do to get it to run on a dedicated server. I'm sure someone will come on here and prove me wrong but I tried a bunch of times and it wasn't until this change that the mission would load.

17. More likely EDEN doesn't like spaces, wouldn't think that would stop it from loading though, idk.

To follow standard conventions though, use underscores instead of spaces regardless.

18. There were no spaces. Just the %20 stuff. Maybe it was just one of those things with ArmA being ArmA. :)

19. Edited 8 years ago by Havok

@HeroesandvillainsOS  There were no spaces. Just the %20 stuff. Maybe it was just one of those things with ArmA being ArmA. :)

%20 is related to the encoding of a space.
    EDIT: To clarify, 0x20 is the ASCII character for space.

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Spaces equate to %20 in the actual filename

Edit: havok beat me ;)

21. Wow is the mod dependent on ALL of those? I figured out how to extract the .pbo and read the readme. Do I just need Alive, Spyderaddons, CBA, and the map. Or all that other stuff too?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!