Mission Templates

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@HeroesandvillainsOS I downloaded your insurgency mission, is there a way I can open the pbo in the editor if I wanted to play around with the mission and see how you did certain things?

3. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Which mission did you download?

Yes for sure. Go to Armaholic and grab this tool:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

In your Arma 3 folder in Documents, inside your username folder, make a new folder inside "Missions".

If this is my Inshallah mission, name the folder Inshallah.Takistan or if it's the Tanoa Showcase, name it something like ALiVE_Showcase.Tanoa

Place the PBO in there.

Open PBO Manager. Find the folder path to the new folder you created. Right click on the mission PBO, scroll down to where it says "PBO Manager" in the right click menu options, and select the option to unpack the PBO to the current folder path.

You can now delete the PBO or remove it from the folder if you want. All the mission files will be inside the mission folder.

Open the game and the mission should now be available in the editor for the map the mission is on.

If you edit anything and want to pack the mission back into a PBO. Open PBO Manager, find the folder path for the mission, right click on the entire mission folder, scroll down to PBO Manager in the list, and pack the folder into a PBO.

Then place that PBO in your normal Arma 3 root folder MP Missions folder (steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\MP Missions), and now the mission can be played like you would any MP Mission.

I'm writing these directions on the fly. Not at my PC. If something isn't clear let me know and I'll PM you better instructions when I get home. Or I can send you the unpacked missions directly if you want.

4. @HeroesandvillainsOS I am looking at your tanoa showcase mission, is there a reason you have the BLU mil + civ Obj placement module linked to the two other Commanders, but don't do the same for the OPF mil + civ objectives?

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'll have to look at it (I make a ton of missions so it's hard to remember lol). Off the top of my head, I intentionally don't sync BLU to some of the Syndikat obj modules, because I want the player to do the bulk of the fighting to the east (where the insurgency is), and call in groups through Logistics or Operations as they see fit. Nothing kills a buzz more than not having anything to fight because BLUFOR AI groups are already everywhere. I give BLU a bit more leeway in the south (where CSAT is) though.

Pretty sure I used the same logic for BLU vs CSAT too. For balance, this is BLU 70 vs CSAT 50(ish) vs Syndikat 50(ish).

If I allow BLU to attack every objective for either side at will, they would (or at least could) clear and claim the objs for themselves and not leave much for the player to do. Am I making sense?

What I'm saying is, if I let all 70 BLU attack the CSAT area, for example, they could feasibly overwhelm them and the mission would be boring as shit. Though more realistically, they would just be everywhere and they would be constantly interfering with the players and that really isn't fun to me. I want BLU to attack just enough to keep the fighting "even," but leave enough in reserve incase you need them over in Syndikat territory or vice versa.

I use similar approaches in my other missions as well. Especially in full blown insurgencies (example: allowing friendlies only to attack MIL objs so players can fight in CIV objs uninterrupted unless they manually call in for help, etc).

6. Edited 6 years ago by kovyV

Ok, that makes sense. Now I just need to manually go through the base and replace everything with RHS

Also, what are the logistics crates?

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Those are crates for you to use vanilla rearm/refuel/repair/medical. Bare in mind, I very rarely use vanilla resupply and generally use community made repair/refuel/rearm scripts, but I wanted to keep the showcase free of any outside stuff (ALiVE CBA only) so I put the objects there.

For instance, the ammo and fuel trucks, with drones, they will rearm and refuel automatically when the drones are driven near the trucks. Mortars I think will rearm automatically too when an ammo truck is nearby.

I haven't tried the crates myself (again, I rarely play vanilla so I'm new to this part), but I'm assuming they function the same way as the trucks (drive a truck nearby, it will refuel/rearm/repair/etc).

At least I'd assume.

I'm not sure if RHS resupply vehicles will do this though (this is why I use a script when I use RHS). And I highly doubt vanilla supply trucks/crates will work with RHS assets. You will want to check. 3CB has logistics resupply objects included in their mod which is amazing! No outside scripts necessary if you ever want to play as the Brits. You just place the resupply objects down where you want your helo's and vehicles to replenish. It's very sweet!

8. Edited 6 years ago by kovyV

Could you post/share the script? Also, when using the drop supplies part of logistics menu, it never actually drops RHS supplies, only vanilla stuff. Like I select RHS, still drops vanilla

9. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@kovyV Could you post/share the script? Also, when using the drop supplies part of logistics menu, it never actually drops RHS supplies, only vanilla stuff. Like I select RHS, still drops vanilla

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19139

Ok I know this is old but it works perfectly. THAT SAID, please try using the resupply vehicles included in RHS and see if they are coded to work (example: See if ammo vehicle can rearm an RHS vehicle).

1. This would be more rewarding IMO

2. Although the script works flawlessly, it's always better to use as few outside scripts as possible.

I've been on a big 3CB kick lately so I haven't had a chance to check if RHS is working for logistics items. Can you confirm, if logistics are set to faction only, that selecting an RHS item (such as an ammo crate) indeed does deliver a vanilla item? This shouldn't be happening.

Can you try again and let me know?

If so, please open a new thread.

10. I will do that, side question, is 3CB Logistics built into alive? If not, how much extra work do I need to do to set it up?

11. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@kovyV I will do that, side question, is 3CB Logistics built into alive? If not, how much extra work do I need to do to set it up?

3CB supplies all work perfectly as far as I can tell when using ALiVE's Logistics. Regarding their resupply points for helicopters and vehicles (two separate objects they call "servicing point objects"), they are included in the 3CB mod as objects you can just place down in the editor. Then just drive near the object, or fly near the object, and with the engine off, when you open the scroll wheel options you will have the option to rearm/refuel/etc. It's sweet. I wish all mods had this.

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-vehicles/usage-vehicles/

They have something for "logistics" too but I honestly haven't tried those or really know what they offer that the servicing point doesn't.

Oh and to the guy that asked for me to use a Tanoa whiteboard map in the showcase, because today's platform update included one, I just added it. :) The link above for the mission links to the updated version.

12. This thread is going for a long time. But thought I would post(my 1st post).

Alive MOD is amazing. Only for the Templates, I would not have spent so much time playing.

But I have a question.

Are there any readble block diagrams of how to make one's own ?

Some great info eg by Eric Grubaugh https://medium.com/the-creation-of-alive-uprising/alive-uprising-creating-an-occupying-force-92fe3726ea5e

But, the diagrams are always so small.

Also I have not been able to find a PDF of Alive with decent diagrams.

Thanks.

13. I think your best bet would be just to read the wiki and then unpack someone else’s mission and see how they set everything else up. That’s how I learned.

14. 5 years ago

Any more good ALiVE missions ? Looking to do some more learning. I've learned a lot from AuTigergrad and HeroesandVillainsOS, looking to see what other folks are doing with ALiVE

15. I've finally gotten around to making something I deemed workshop worthy
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419459669

Operation Grindstone is set up for up to 20 players using TFAR, ACE, and CFP
    It's an all out war between Russian Forces and US Marines on the Island of Napf

It includes TFAR radio jamming scripts with 5 jammers around the island for you to seek out and destroy. VCOM 3.0 + CFP means you'll have enemies deploying static weapons and using them against you.

Plus a lot of other little scripts for recruiting AI, airburst HE rounds for launchers etc etc

Feel free to rip it apart and modify it to your heart's content :)

16. Nice! We love seeing CFP missions on Steam!

17. I hate to bump a thread but are there any mission templates that are updated to work with the newest version of Alive?

I'm personally looking for a single player scenario on Tanoa where NATO, CSAT, "the syndicate" and "friendly guerrillas" are duking it out. I want to be allied with NATO and the friendly guerrillas.

Alive is a really amazing system but as a non-military/non-commanding type, the interface is a little mood breaking since you can play a commanding role while ALSO being a foot soldier.

Having a mission where it's not needed, for me, would be a large bonus.

18. @hardly I hate to bump a thread but are there any mission templates that are updated to work with the newest version of Alive?

I'm personally looking for a single player scenario on Tanoa where NATO, CSAT, "the syndicate" and "friendly guerrillas" are duking it out. I want to be allied with NATO and the friendly guerrillas.

Alive is a really amazing system but as a non-military/non-commanding type, the interface is a little mood breaking since you can play a commanding role while ALSO being a foot soldier.

Having a mission where it's not needed, for me, would be a large bonus.

You can use this as a template: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=965794580

However you’ll need to edit it to get exactly what you want because here we have IND and CSAT both as enemies to you (BLU). Mission PBO is linked on the page.

19. I'll check it out, thanks.

20. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by RETRO1X

So I’m on the Altis full map battle and nothing seems to be happening troops are spawning and I can send a helo in with me and my team and we will take fire but the AI don’t seem to be fighting do I just have to wait or what? (I should also note that it says I’m on operation landlord even though I don’t select it)

21. It can take a few minutes for OPCOM to cycle and send orders.

or Sign Up to reply!