Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I have 4 days off starting tomorrow (but tomorrow is daughter's birthday party). So, I'll see about throwing a mission together with a basic ALiVE setup, CBA, and ACE. Now, what ACE modules should I put down? Because there are a ton of modules for it- Advanced Medical, ballistics, mechanics, etc. Should I just drop em all down and see how that runs? Or maybe just Advanced Medical and Ballistics?

Also, I noticed from streaming my RPT file off host site, that I get the same Server: Object not found error repeating in significant amounts bloating the RPT. BUT, it's not crashing or freezing the server.

3. I'd say all of them.

If it crashes or freezes post the logs and cross your fingers. :)

4. The issue I've been having is that when it freezes, it's not giving me an MDMP or BIDMP files. Just RPTs.

I'll see what I can do though.

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You're not the only one to post that. Several people are saying the same over on BIS. I'd say if a crash or freeze can definitely be attributed to ACE, at the very least this won't be an unproductive test, regardless of what logs get generated. At least everyone will know one way or the other and will leave the devs of both mods at a pretty good starting point.

6. So I have Operation Landlord with ACE running on my server right now if anyone want to see if they can get it to Freeze. It's been up about 5 hours now with no freezing.
    But I've only had one player on it so far as I'm at work.
    If anyone wants to jump on and test it out to see if they can get it to freeze, please feel free.
    69.162.125.22 -port=2347
    ski2060 Testing Server
    @CBA; @ACE, @ALiVE. Everything is vanilla otherwise.

7. operation Landlord with ACE an Alive still hasn't frozen or crashed.
    I'm beginning to suspect a conflict with RHS or TFAR now. I'll put TFAR on the mission, and if that runs suitably I'll move to a mission with ACE and RHS and see if it goes back to freezing.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Thanks for your efforts! ^ ^ :)

9. Just tested Alive 1.0. No fix for the problem in this thread. We will have to continue to not use ALiVE till the problem is fixed. Which sucks. I want my MSO operations back =/

10. Tupolov

9 Feb 2016 Administrator

Seems intermittent given the reports above.

We always ask the following:

1. Test with only CBA and ALiVE to ensure there is no other mod causing the issue
    2. Provide RPT and Plugin logs
    3. Test without @ALiVEServer to see if that makes a difference

Issues need to be reproducible with CBA and ALiVE only otherwise we have no idea if its our mod or not.

11. We've narrowed it down to being a conflict of some kind. This thread seems to be the only one that I can locate where people are constructively trying to find out what mod that is. We're nearly certain that it's not ALiVE itself, but we can't ignore that removing ALiVE from our modpacks has given good results.

Our RPT's are typically useless when it comes to these freezes so we're just trying with various mods to determine what's going on. @ski2060 has specifically kept plugging away to try and determine which mod the conflict is with.

I think we all hope that we narrow that mod down so we can contact that mods author about it and get a dialog started.

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

My guess? ACE is conflicting with some other mod that causes a crash when run with ALiVE. Whether that be some oddball ACE module conflicting with some unit pack or what have you is anyone's guess. It just seems like ACE is usually part of the equation but ACE/ALiVE/CBA are not the problem itself based on Ski's recent testing.

I wonder if Ski has tried Operation Landlord with @aliveserver? Though I doubt that too because I'd gather a lot of groups just run those 3 mods with the server for War Room persistence.

13. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Ok so a bit of an update here. One of the ALiVE devs has managed to reproduce it 100% in a custom mission with a ton of mods. They are going to try and nail down the issue starting with removing @aliveserver from the list. The issue is NOT caused by the headless client.

So for those having this problem please re-try without @aliveserver and see what happens.

RPT is pretty useless in this instance as mentioned, however look for these errors:

2016/02/05, 21:06:05 Server: cannot send message - player 123456789 is not known.
    2016/02/09, 20:10:02 Server: Object 4:36 not found (message Type_119)

(2nd one is far more common and not limited to this issue)

14. My group has narrowed it down to a short list of mods that could be the culprit to the conflict:

ACE
    RHS(s)
    Leights Opfor

As others have said, ACE seems pretty universal for communities using ALiVE and still receiving crashes. I just listed RHS and Leights because they seem like the only other mods besides ACE that would interact in anyway with ALiVE. There is however the underlying possibility that just having to many mods causes ALiVE to crash.

The only way we were able to stop the crashes was to completely remove ALiVE.

To add to what SavageCDN has posted, we have received many of the "Object 4:36 not found (message Type_119)" errors with different "type_XXX" errors. Off the top of my head I believe 121 was another error that frequently occurred during the crashes with ALiVE.

Any support we can give to solve the issue we will. We still support ALiVE 100% and want to see it re-added and this frustrating issue put behind the ALiVE community.

15. Tupolov

9 Feb 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

If you can reproduce with the ALiVE Quick Start/Basic mission on Stratis that would be good.

Also previous versions of ALiVE are available if you want to check to see its something we have introduced in latest version:

0.9.10 http://alivemod.com/downloads/@alive_0.9.10.1510131.7z
    0.9.9 http://alivemod.com/downloads/@ALiVE_0.9.9.1506221.7z

16. I ran Operation Landlord with @AliveServer no problem. CBA, ALive, AliveServer and ACE. Ran several days 12-16 hours each time with no crash or Freezing.

I get massive amounts of the Object not found errors if I am running ACE and RHS togther.
    I tried dropping LeightsOpFor for CAF Aggressors and still got the freezing. RHS was involved both times.

I found a modded version of RHS Russian Insurgency the other night that seemed to be running stable. So, I swapped the Russian stuff out for US and have it up on my server now. @CBA_A3;@ace;@ALiVE;@task_force_radio;@IWAR- Irregular Warfare;@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;@Spyder Addons;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@Ares;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@Aliveserver

It hasn't crashed or frozen yet as far as I can see. Although It is throwing the Object not found error, and I've been the only one on the server.

I'll see if removing @aliveserver does anything if the currently running mission freezes.

17. Note as I mentioned that the 'object not found' error is not an alive-specific error. This happens when the server tries to delete a non-local object. You'll probably get this in your RPT regardless of what mods you are running. The more concerning error is this one:

2016/02/05, 21:06:05 Server: cannot send message - player 123456789 is not known.
  18. Edited 8 years ago by Jaypee

Been running our server without RHS, sadly no freezes for the entirety of its uptime. I think we have narrowed it down. Thanks for the support Aliveteam and fans. We'll report back if anything new developes.

19. Jaypee, to confirm what you are saying. You have been running an ALiVE server with no RHS and received no freezes?

20. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Jaypee Been running our server without RHS, sadly no freezes for the entirety of its uptime. I think we have narrowed it down. Thanks for the support Aliveteam and fans. We'll report back if anything new developes.

Ok. So will anyone be so bold enough to try @alive, @cba, and @rhs only so we can get this thing squashed? Was that all you were running? Do you have a rpt to share by chance?

EDIT: Just saw SavageCDN's update: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/page-3

21. So there is an issue with 1.0 and the RHS Insurgent faction that is in RHS.

I will see if I can get my current build to freeze or crash. I am on the AliVE RC build 0.9.10~ .
    I can also try to put together an Alive/CBA/RHS mission and see if that freezes or crashes.

I'll try to get my stuff updated to 1.0 asap also.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!