Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Well, I was kinda off base. It's just the ALiVE_SYS_playeroptions module. You can set a timed interval for automatic player save to the database if you are using one.

Doesn't look like there is a full auto-save.

3. @ ski2060 Yep exactly what we are experiencing, We have the same mission running, create "things" to do with Zues and it all runs perfectly well.
    Stupid ammounts of AI spawning, CQB, civilians, server handles it nicely and will run it for days no freeze.

As soon as C2Istar is there are missions are requested/auto generation is used. Boom, freeze will occur.

Other thoughts I have to test, but have not yet are:
    OPFOR Faction. We use the RHS insurgent faction or the SUD_Insurgents factions.

Island choice, we have been using SUP islands. May give it a run on Stratis/Altis again. - this may be a factor as I have noticed occasionally when creating a C2Istar mission it will spawn units in the lower left corner of the map. well away from the objective, they are still grouped etc, just off in the middle of nowhere. its the the entire group either, useusally 1 or 2 men out of a section.
    So perhaps its a compounding problem ? cannot spawn units together, cannot move them together etc etc.

4. Geez. I had my first ever memory leak crash (I didn't even know what that was until I saw the message just now) and that was with V9 of the performance binaries. Yikes. On to V12 I guess. BIS really messed things up with the 1.54 update. If it's not one thing causing crashes it's another. This is insane!

5. @Monty - if you have your server's RPT file that shows this C2ISTAR crash can you upload to pastebin, etc and link back here?

6. very unlikely to be CISTAR, we had a mission with only alive cqb units on zargabad, then removed alive completely, had the same issue.

possible to be an actual CUP issue or just general server branch instability, i have no idea why though, as it happens randomly.

would very like to have a ticket filled by smart people for us peasants to upvote

7. The best thing to do if possible is to get the most recent performance binaries Dwarden posts on BIS forums and post your reports so he can fix the problem. He'll be our savior on this but he needs the server reports.

8. I'm willing to bet at this point it's just server branch issues. I ran M4RTI4L's mission with AIATP, and then with CUP and it hung the server with either one active.

If it could be nailed down and get stabilized so I can run our tweaked version, that would be phenominal.

I'll see if I can get the performance binaries put up on our server.
    Do all the clients have to be running the same EXE's? Or just the server running one?

9. I'm honestly not sure. I haven't played with the group I ever so seldomly play with since switching to the new binaries. I'd imagine obviously only the server needs the server binary but whether or not people can run differently clientside ones, or if you can even use old client binaries with a new server one, I definitely can't say.

10. @SavageCDN Yeah I have a bit o time tomorrow so ill do a rerun o the setup that was freezing and then try the new binaries and grab both RPT's fo y'all to look at.
    Honestly slipped my mind to grab them when it was happening.

Hopefully it is just a server issue

11. @n2- would very like to have a ticket filled by smart people for us peasants to upvote

Vote away, peasants!!!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26878

12. Not really the issue I reported

this one sounds similar altough i'm not getting those rpt messages

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26108

13. upvoted both

14. Ok, had my server migrated to a closer location with the same hosting company. I now get a considerably better ping to it. And they migrated ALL of my data overnight :D

Anyway, I started up my Takistan Counter insurgency map to see if it is still crashing/freezing. It looked to be going decently well, and then It lagged/froze up again.
    I wish something could be found to fix this issue.

Anyway, here's a RPT showing todays events.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/41642te9vioiyae/arma3server_2016-03-03_13-14-10.rpt?dl=0

15. Are you using the most recent performance binaries?

Example: I played last night with a buddy and we desynced/crashed four times in less than a half hour with the RC exe's. He put the same mission up in his TADST with I think the v13 binaries and we played for an hour and a half with zero issues.

16. Yeah, I'm using the v15 binary. I need to put the v15 Malloc.dll in to see if that will help out. I haven't been home to do that part yet.

17. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ouch. That sucks. Hopefully a dev pops in and can translate the logs for you. Is there any obvious error spam in the file? Right now I'm pretty focused on only using necessary mods and removing scripts that I'm unsure on. Also note there's been an update to the Intel on dead bodies script that should eliminate some errors (not saying this is causing you're issue. Just an FYI).

You may need to just start adding by subtraction here. My personal vote is that you load only ALiVE/CBA and your factions into your mission and see where that leaves you.

18. I'll start regression testing this week if I can get the time. I'm hoping it's not ACE.

I just got the DLL installed, and running my MCC Kunduz map right now. Crashes were happening on that map also. So.. hoping that it will stay stable, then I will try Takistan ALIVE and see if it stays stable.

19. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Took a look at the RPT - nothing there to indicate a crash (usually there isn't.. crash will generate a dump file that BIS can look at but RPT usually has no info - dump file is in same directory as RPT and you can open a ticket on the feedback tracker and upload the files).

Tons of these at the end:

13:59:19 Server: cannot send message - player 1788652840 is not known.
    14:00:01 No player found for channel 1088291008 - message ignored

They appeared right after you logged out of admin (did you disconnect there or just log out?)

As Heroes said at this point you need to start with CBA and ALiVE only and go from there. You mentioned MCC as well - I would test without it loaded on either the server or the clients.

edit: new perf binary released today give this a try:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

20. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks Savage. I'm on V15 right now and again played for another 2 hours with no issues. Granted, I'm not trying to host the session for other players, but on my end things are much more stable now.

One BIG thing I noticed is that placing @aliveserver anywhere other than last in your server load order will almost 100% cause desync and crashes so I'd recommend to Ski to look at that.

I've also seen an early build of his mission and we use a lot of the same stuff and principles. However, last I saw he was using some mods I haven't played with in forever so in my un-trained gut, I still feel like he must have some kind of mod conflict or script conflict going on. Or someone in his crew is running something the others aren't. Just my totally uninformed two cents.

21. Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I put up the MCC Kunduz mission yesterday, and it appears as if it hasn't crashed at all. So. that is looking good.
    My only issue is that after migration my server standard time is off, showing more than a month into the future so my RPT's aren't showing correct date or time.

On top of that, I had turned logging off to see if that helped anything with the ALiVE mission, then turned it back on for MCC. BUT, it doesn't appear to be logging now that the MCC mission is running.

I'll fiddle around with it today if I can. Also, I will make sure to find some simple missions with just CBA and ALiVE, or make a quick one to throw up on the server.

EDIT: Threw Operation Landlord by Spyder up to test things out. If you can help, please check my server and see how it performs for you, or if it crashes. Thanks!
    69.162.125.22:2347 Dallas based Host.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!