Hey Spyderblack! :-)

1. 8 years ago

Don't know if this is the correct forum for this, but here goes. Am I allowed to edit your alive insurgency mission, and use it on my own dedicated server? things like changing the intro text, adding scripts, changing the map and so on?
    Regards CowboyDK.

2. Yep, go ahead!

3. You just can't re-release it unless you have explicit permission. The ALiVE Insurgency definitely needs some updating just a heads up. Last time I checked there was some issues with it.

4. Hazey's license is pretty clear it can't be released. Shame

5. If it's solely my mission, meaning no scripts authored by anyone but me (Most of my missions are), he is free to do so.

6. I've asked Hazey if he's OK with opening up his version for others to work on but have not heard back from him yet.

7. Friznit

12 Jan 2016 Administrator

Too many missions called Insurgency out there! The one made by Hazey called ALiVE Insurgency is under a license of his own making and afaik he's not keen for people to re-release that, though as with all licensed stuff there's really nothing to stop you using an edited version privately. ALiVE itself is of course under a license for purposes of source control during dev. Any other missions such as stuff made by Spyder, are up to the respective authors!

8. Licenses give me headaches

9. Cowboy, if you could just link the mission you are referencing so we all know for sure which one it is, that would be great :)

10. Hey Spyder, thanks for the permission, but i went with hazeys insurgency alive instead, don't worry i won't release it, ill only use it on my dedicated server..

11. Edited 8 years ago by jmlane

I think the bottom line is any modifications for personal use that do not get distributed are fine in practice. I'd encourage you to send any changes back to the author(s) of the underlying work, as they could integrate them, or give you specific license to release those changes.

or Sign Up to reply!