War Room on a PingPerfect host

1. 7 years ago

Hi there! I went through the War Room setup as per the instructions as well as a tutorial video. I believe I have everything set up correctly however I am unable to get it to work. I am thinking that the issue may be the difference between Server Name and Hostname. The support at PingPerfect said they were the same but it is the only thing I can think of that may be the issue. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. There is an alive.log file that would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue - it should be found in the @aliveserver mod folder on your dedicated server. Also can you post your WR group name?

3. WR group name is: SynodicGaming

I don't see a alive.log file but I do have a aliveplugin_2017-05-03_08-35.txt file. I think this line may be the issue but I'm not sure how to resolve it:

[2017-05-03 08:35:25] [info] Checking WarRoom access...
    [2017-05-03 08:35:25] [info] URL: http://alivemod.com/api/authorise?group=SYNG&localDB=false
    [2017-05-03 08:35:26] [error] ###### HandleMessage - StartALiVE ######
    [2017-05-03 08:35:26] [error] Error: You are not authorized to access ALiVE War Room with this account. Check IP and Groupname.
    [2017-05-03 08:35:26] [error] RAW: StartALiVE ['true']
    [2017-05-03 08:35:26] [debug] Return value [['StartALiVE','ERROR','You are not authorized to access ALiVE War Room with this account. Check IP and Groupname.']]

I've double checked my IP and groupname. Ideas?

4. 6 years ago

You should ask your provider for the external IP address if you haven't. Just to make sure you're using the right one.

5. I got it to work! Thanks guys for all your advice. I went through the server registration and had a long chat with they server hosts and finally got it to work. Thanks again!

6. What was the problem?

7. It seems that the IP that I use to connect to the server (The one they told me was the external IP) was actually not the correct one. I tried using the IP from within the log file and somehow it worked. I'm still pretty new to this server stuff so I don't really understand what I did. I just basically tried stuff till it worked.

or Sign Up to reply!