Black list markers and later activation

1. 7 years ago

Hello guys, first i wanted to thank you all. You are very helpful and kind. After you guidance and reading the wiki I managed to set a nice asymmetrical insurgency mission on Altis. I have 1 problem and 1 question
    Problem: I defined an AO but the whole map was filled with AI locations and grids I solved it by creating a huge black list marker on the area I didn't want the enemy to play, but still as I said I get the grids. Any ideas?

Important question:
    Is there a way to activate black list markers on a later phase?
    What I actually want is to create a story-line mission style as a campaign for example if my guys blow up the ammo boxes or enemy FOB or whatever of the enemy somewhere then he won't be able to use that area just like having a blacklist marker?
    If i redefine that area for the OPCOM and have that marker spawn later on (conditions in a trigger for example) will it work?

Again thank you for your time.

2. I tried it and it didn't work. the Markers need to predefined.

3. What kind of grids are you referring to? Could be either CQB module or C2ISTAR creating those.

As for the markers thing, you can achieve a similar effect using this little nugget from the Script Snippets . If you have this code in your trigger with the location you want OPCOM to become aware of, then once the trigger is fired, OPCOM will try to secure the objective that this code just created at the location you defined. To give multiple objectives, just duplicate the code in the trigger, or create more triggers. That way, OPCOM will move at the pace you want.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

4. What I wanted to achieve is when an editor placed unit is killed example !alive badguy1 to summon a blacklist marker on some area so the area will be "clear of enemy activity"

5. Yeah, not really sure how you'd do that. Or even if you can do that. Sorry!

6. Something that could work is getting the list of objectives that are inside of the blacklist marker and then remove them manually. When OPCOM does it's thing it should move those units someplace else. Or, it kills the entire thing and leaves everything in a broken state... I've got no code for you though. :)

7. @marceldev89 Something that could work is getting the list of objectives that are inside of the blacklist marker and then remove them manually. When OPCOM does it's thing it should move those units someplace else. Or, it kills the entire thing and leaves everything in a broken state... I've got no code for you though. :)

So it either works perfectly or sets your computer on fire. :) At least either way the outcome is exciting.

or Sign Up to reply!