INCON Scripts for ALiVE - Intel + AI teammate persistence

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@incontinenetia quick question for what you are doing with this...when I played with this last time a few months ago it was relatively simple because I didn't have anything else in my init.sqf or description.ext files. Now that I do which items out of your files do I need to use? I am looking at the initUnits.sqf and initPlayerLocal.sqf and wasn't sure what goes into my init.sqf file.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

3. Hi @Nichols, if you can hold fire for a couple of days, I'm going to release a major update to the scripts which will require a different way of setting them up - I'll give instructions then if that's alright?

4. @incontinenetia no problem with that at all. Looking forward to seeing it.

5. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

Hi @Nichols - sorry for the delay. The updated standalone versions are live.

Download here:

Incon Undercover
    Incon Persistence
    Incon Intel

Hopefully the readme files (included in the downloads) should answer any setup questions but if you have any dramas, let me know and I'll guide you through.

6. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

@incontinenetia Hi @Nichols - sorry for the delay. The updated standalone versions are live.

Download here:

Incon Undercover
    Incon Persistence
    Incon Intel

Hopefully the readme.MD files should answer any setup questions but if you have any dramas, let me know and I'll guide you through.

SWEET!!!! Grabbing them right now!

OK I can't get your readme you linked without joining some site. I am going through the other three files right now and will get back with you if I have any questions.

7. OK the only things we are going to be using out of this right now will be the incognito and intel side of things. So I have many questions forming in my brain. Will PM you once they start getting out of jumbled masses of incomprehensible words and letters.

8. Ignore that weird readme link, it just came up automatically. The readme files are in the downloads. Might as well post the questions here, then if anyone else has something similar they can see the answer.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

How do we make it so we don't spawn looking like our user profiles? I'm a white dude so when I place down a playable Middle Eastern BLUFOR unit, when dressed in the traditional garb I look more like a tantric hippie and less like an Afghani haha.

I haven't had a chance to check out the script yet (so maybe it checks for and corrects this?) but I'm loving the sounds of it. I have a scenario in mind I'd like to eventually put together with this.

10. Not sure if there is really a way to change that in A3 other than changing gear after spawn, pretty annoying.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah it's really annoying. For instance, I'm working on an anti-Taliban mission, where BLUFOR can spawn in as USMC, or ANA and ANP. Well, I never like playing as ANA/ANP because it's like I'm the white savior leading the brown guys to freedom. :)

12. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

@HeroesandvillainsOS  I never like playing as ANA/ANP because it's like I'm the white savior leading the brown guys to freedom. :)

Seemed to work for Jesus

13. You can also use a shemagh or balaclava to cover your face in that instance, which is even more effective if the group actually uses them ordinarily too.

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So my user profile really won't let me play as a brown or black guy? I find that...

Odd. What the hell was BIS thinking? The enemy faction is freaking Iranian! There's got to be a way. Off to google. If I find anything, I'll report back.

What I want to make is something where I can pretend my guy is a CIA operative or something, of Afghani decent and looks the part and lives with the locals who's tasked with going deep undercover from the inside. That doesn't work if I look like Nathan Drake (which I wish I did in real life but still!)!

15. Unsurprisingly, googling "Arma 3" and putting any form of "profile" in the search gets you a crap ton of results unrelated to this.

I just opened a thread instead: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/202288-how-to-not-look-like-your-user-profile-avatar/

16. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The responses in that thread essentially mean: No

Try putting this in the init line of a unit:

0 = [this, face this] spawn {sleep 1; (_this select 0) setface (_this select 1)};
  17. I swear I had some success changing my race during testing. If you still have any difficulties after using Spyder's method, let me know and I'll try recreating whatever I did.

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 The responses in that thread essentially mean: No

0 = [this, face this] spawn {sleep 1; (_this select 0) setface (_this select 1)};

Yeah seems that way. Thanks for the code. Unfortunately, sticking this in the init of a unit in a mission I'm working on (a LOP ANA unit) isn't working. I'm still The Great White Hope. lol. No biggie really but if you guys have any other ideas, I'm down for testing.

I tried using R3vo's 3den Enhanced too because I vaguely remembered him adding some unit trait features, but unfortunately, although the unit is set to all the right stuff, I don't see any way to override the user profile.

19. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  20. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  21. @SpyderBlack723 The responses in that thread essentially mean: No

Yeah seems that way. Thanks for the code. Unfortunately, sticking this in the init of a unit in a mission I'm working on (a LOP ANA unit) isn't working. I'm still The Great White Hope. lol. No biggie really but if you guys have any other ideas, I'm down for testing.

I tried for the hell of it using R3vo's 3den Enhanced too because I vaguely remembered him adding some unit trait features, but unfortunately, although the unit is set to all the right stuff, I don't see any way to override the user profile.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!