INCON Scripts for ALiVE - Intel + AI teammate persistence

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

So, about to get some undercover working with a new template.
    @incontinenetia , Did you ever set up a variable for distance to discovery by enemy units? Or is it still a murky "you'll know when you get shot in the face" type deal?

I'd like to be able to change the distance that players can get spotted from, depending on AO and Opfor/Civs they are trying to blend in with.

3. Not able to get the independent enemies to shoot at me right when I pull out a weapon as a civi. When I'm trying as blufor they shoot me even unarmed (in civi clothing). Anyone have an example mission file I could use as reference?

4. Hi guys, apologies for the delay in responding - been away a fair bit recently.

@ski2060 There's a variable in there which you can tweak but it's a little bit fiddly as I haven't got it in the settings just yet. Basically, in the /func/ folder, you'll find a file called fn_undercoverTrespassRadiusLoop.sqf. Open that up and on line 3 you'll see this:

params [["_undercoverUnit",player],["_regEnySide",east],["_asymEnySide",independent],["_radius1",15],["_radius2",25],["_radius3",60],["_radius4",150]];

_radius1 is the radius in meters that regular troops will detect you if they can see you.
    _radius2 is the radius in meters that asymmetric forces will detect you if they can see you.

So if you want to change the radius for regular forces to 25 from 15, you could use ["_radius1",25] instead of ["_radius1",15].

Does that make sense? I'll add a ticket on GitHub so I remember to add in a parameter in the settings.

@GhostOne It will never work with civilian editor-placed units. They have to be a side that is recognised as an enemy to whichever side you are fighting. Change the clothes to civilian ones in the editor by all means, but use Blufor, Ind or Opfor units as your undercover guys.

As for it not working, the chances are your guy is wearing something prohibited (like Night Vision Goggles or a naughty backpack). Enable debug mode in the settings and let me know what it says if you could? Also, a paste of your settings file and your unit load out wouldn't go amiss if the issue is what I think it is.

5. So if I'm fighting for the blufor side should the playable character be opfor w/ the code pasted into his init?

6. If you're fighting as OpFor against BluFor that would work. If you are playing as BluFor, you need to set your enemies for undercover status as OpFor or Indfor.

7. The playable character needs to be the true side of the undercover unit. So if you are fighting for Blufor, the unit needs to be Blufor.

8. hmm, yep thats how I had it set up. Had complete vanilla attire from an Altis civi (but as a blufor unit) but the Opfor would engage me at first sight. Does anyone have a bare bones mission using this so I can double check and see what I might be messing up?

9. Could you post your debug feedback and I can hopefully tell you what is wrong (enable debug in the settings and let me know what it says on screen)? I could make a sample mission but I'm away from my Arma computer for a while.

10. So 2 of my unit mates are working on missions and having issues with the UC scripts.
    Ony is having IndFor refuse to recognize them as enemies and the other is having OpFor OpFor discover them immediately regardless of what they are wearing as civilian garb.

I have an older version of the script that is working and running in a Zeus template. But they are both using the newest version of the script you have on GitHub.
    I'll see if I can get them to relay me some screenshots or at least the debug error messages they are receiving.

11. If you can post an example of their missions that would really help too. I have a working PC nearby for the time being and I'd be fascinated to see where / if they are going wrong. All I've heard so far is issues from people who haven't got it working (and not a single bloody debug report to determine what the issue is). In fact, yours might well be the first hint that anybody other than me has it working fine in any mission whatsoever! Which is pretty weird considering how much I tested it and how reliably it has been working for me so far. I guess this is the issue with not being in a unit as a modder though!

12. OK, got an error that they are receiving:

8:439 Error in expression <overUnit,_regEnySide,_asymEnySide] call INCON_fnc_undercoverDetect;

sleep 2;

>
    8:439 Error position: <INCON_fnc_undercoverDetect;

sleep 2;

>
    8:439 Error Undefined variable in expression: incon_fnc_undercoverdetect
    8:439 File C:\Users\AccuracyThruVolume\Documents\Arma 3\missions\16th_African_WetWork_ep1.pja305\INCON\INC_undercover\undercoverHandler.sqf, line 53
    8:439 "Advanced Towing Loading..."
    8:439 "Advanced Towing Loaded"
    8:439 "Advanced Sling Loading Loading..."
    8:439 "Advanced Sling Loading Loaded"
    8:43:16 Error in expression <ect;

sleep 2;

[_undercoverUnit] call INCON_fnc_undercoverArmedTracker;

sleep>
    8:43:16 Error position: <INCON_fnc_undercoverArmedTracker;

sleep>
    8:43:16 Error Undefined variable in expression: incon_fnc_undercoverarmedtracker
    8:43:16 File C:\Users\AccuracyThruVolume\Documents\Arma 3\missions\

13. Thanks! I'll take a look in more detail tomorrow but it looks like the functions aren't being defined correctly. This could happen if they have already defined a cfgFunctions in the description.ext file before adding my script or have incorrectly added the undercover script files. In which case, can you ask them to verify their description.ext files are set up correctly? Or even paste them here and I'll troubleshoot?

I'm more than happy to give them a hand setting it up if you want to PM me their missions.

14. Thanks. Going to have one of them zip up their mission and send it to me. I'll send you a DL link in PM.
    It probably has to do with their use of Zenophon and Enigmas scripting, as both of those use a ton of scripts.

My simple mission using your old code works just fine (pre backpack specification code).

15. Okay, for anyone reading this now, the issue was an error in the instructions of setting up the mod (my bad) - the latest GitHub version has corrected that. Thanks again @ski2060!

16. Incon Scripts V0.13

This release adds a few cool features to the undercover mode:

• Optional hints reveal when you are acting suspiciously, making it easier to see the magic at play.
    • Vehicles are now handled - get in a civilian vehicle and you will not be spotted instantly even if you aren't wearing incognito equipment.
    • Driving more than 50m offroad can blow your cover (optional).
    • Vehicle checks work on AI teammates too - if they drive off road like lunatics, they will be given the same treatment as the player.

Download here .

17. Edited 7 years ago by patpowercat

How would I set up the group persist standalone (without the undercover script)?

Can I do this with your airpower script as well?

So I deleted the other folders in INCON (intel and undercover), as well as deleting them from the cfgFunctions and functionsWhitelist.

My description.ext is this:

class CfgFunctions
    {
    	#include "INC_airPower\cfgFunctions.hpp"
    	#include "INCON\cfgFunctions.hpp"
    };

class CfgRemoteExec
    {
       class Functions
       {
           mode = 2;
           jip = 1;
           #include "INC_airPower\functionsWhitelist.hpp"
    	   #include "INCON\functionsWhitelist.hpp"
       };
    };

And my initPlayerLocal.sqf is this:

if (player getVariable ["APW_initRadioTrig",false]) then {[player,"createRadTrig"] call APW_fnc_APWMain;};

if (player getVariable ["APW_initAddaction",false]) then {player addaction ["Request air support","INC_airpower\scripts\airpowerSpawn.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","(_this == _target) && !(missionNamespace getVariable ['APW_airAssetRequested',false])"];};

I do not have initUnits.sqf as it seemed it was only for intel. I have iniDB2 running on server and client, and have ensured save mission time is on.

When I restart the server, I persist as normal, however my group resets as they were at the beginning of the mission. Is this because they are editor placed units, and I need to use either player logistics or Spyder's recruitment module to make my squad?

18. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

If you write the following into initPlayerLocal.sqf you should get group persistence:

["loadGroup",_unit] call INCON_fnc_groupPersist;
    ["saveGroup",_unit] call INCON_fnc_groupPersist;

["loadGroup",player] call INCON_fnc_groupPersist;
    ["saveGroup",player] call INCON_fnc_groupPersist;

Just bear in mind that because I can't get ALiVE data functioning for now, it relies on the iniDbi database timestamp matching your ALiVE mission timestamp when you reload alive persistent data. This means if your play session end time and alive mission save time don't tally within a couple of minutes of each other, the group will not persist. Hope that helps!

Edit: also, won't matter whether it is editor placed units or spawned ones, as long as they aren't playable, they will persist.

19. No dice. Still doesn't persist my group.

Here is my test mission setup.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtvbu5j2qffoh1g/AACutNTjrFl_hGSSJZEyD2sda?dl=0

20. How long did you play for? Do you have inidbi2 loaded in your mod list on client and server? It doesn't start saving until 4 minutes have passed as otherwise it can cause issues when starting a mission fresh.

21. Edited 7 years ago by patpowercat

Still nothing. I have definitely played over 4 minutes in the mission now. is the correct inidbi2 correct?

I have also tried using the full script package with intel and undercover scripts, in case I broke some dependency. Still doesn't seem to work. I just can't figure it out.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!