CAF Agg

1. 7 years ago

I noticed @HeroesandvillainsOS  has posted something similar on BI forums but I thought I would post on here in case it is linked to alive.
    Basically I cant get the opfor Caf Ag dudes to work. It defaults to the crappy Arma 3 opf_f units. I've tried allsorts. I have no space at the front and have latest CBA and alive. Ive even redone all the modules and still no joy:(

Specifically I'm trying to use caf_ag_me_t. The Caf_ag_me_civ work fine.

Any ideas dudes?

2. Post your mission file

3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u690l946ienk7b/mission.sqm?dl=0
    This is where you tell me my work is inefficient! :-P

4. Wow, so I took a quick look and the entire mission is setup very inefficiently...

Jk! I'll take a look tomorrow.

5. That's weird I've got a mission I've been working on/testing over the last few days and I've had no problems getting caf_ag_me_t to spawn.

As I suggested to Heroes, just make sure you don't have a space ahead of the class name, I've been caught out with that before.

6. @SpyderBlack723 Wow, so I took a quick look and the entire mission is setup very inefficiently...

Jk! I'll take a look tomorrow.

LOL!

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just for the record, I just got done with a 2 hour teleport session (been bouncing around 6 missions all using the same factions so I know the maps and map packs aren't the problem) and saw a faction other than CAF a grand total of once. I think it was vanilla independents. And again it was at a roadblock which is where I almost always see this.

When I say 99% of the time CAF spawns correctly that's probably not an exaggeration. I really believe though that something with roadblocks is up either with the mod or the way ALiVE is communicating with the mod but 1 time (1) over the last week or so I saw vanilla independents spawn in a city and I saw a roadblock nowhere near me. If it weren't for that I'd say it's only happening with roadblocks.

But as a whole, it's spawning 99% CAF insurgents. My missions have almost no fluff in them now so definitely leaning towards a bad config with the mystery hotfix posted on BIS.

Been meaning to try the "old" file to see if it happens with O'Halley's last update too.

8. Previously I've not had any issues with CAF. My last mission using Sangin Wip had them working fine. This one I've only just done using A2 Sangin other than that everything is the same.

As I already mentioned I've already checked all the modules to make sure I've not put any spaces in.

@SpyderBlack723 hahahaha I've no doubt I can do it better. I'm still a wee Dev noob!

@HeroesandvillainsOS  oddly enough I've noticed something very similar on all missions I've made with alive but not just roadblocks. I've had random instances of default ind_f ai pop up around the map and with in tasks.

Cheers for the help dudes.

9. @sheeps if you ever see this behavior with IND_F showing up in a vanilla-like situation, please share the mission back here.

10. Dude I've shared the mission of you look further up. It's happened in it.

11. If Spyder doesn't have a chance to look it over for you, I definitely don't mind. What are the mod requirements?

12. RHS us and rus
    All the cups bits
    RH m4
    Asdg Jr. rails
    A2 Sangin
    CBA
    Ace3
    Alive
    RH acc
    Caf agg 1.5 with Aud fix
    AsRa3
    TFAR

Also have xla Arsenal and 3den enhanced but don't think you will need them.

Really appreciate the help. You guys are ace (or should that be Alive!?)

13. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh well holy shit. I don't have a lot of those mods. :(

I'll download them for sure if Spyder is too busy though (a promise is a promise).

A couple questions:

1. Why are you using ASDG JR when it's been combined with CBA?

2. What is RH M4?

3. What is RH ACC?

4. What is AsRa 3?

5. What is XLA Arsenal?

Might the problem go away if you remove those dependencies?

Man I thought I knew every mod under the sun by now. I haven't even heard of half of these.

14. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

1.Good point.

2.RH M4/M16 pack by RobertHammer - weapons pack no dependicies if no box placed/units equiped

3.RH Acc pack by RobertHammer - acc pack no dependicies if no box placed/units equiped

4.ASR AI3 by Robalo AI modification for ARMA3 -- ai behaviour no dependicies

5. XLA_FixedArsenal -- no dependicies
    This mod improves the way the virtual arsenal works when using 'whitelisting' mode.

15. Cheers @DaVidoSS

1. Ummmmmm I had no idea so shall get rid!

4. Ye sorry damn iPhone auto-mistake

5. XLA is ace it allows you to really easily manage Arsenal. I can't stand the default A3 gear and wanted to stop people using it as well as limit the gear people can select. This just allows you to click away in editor.

I need to luck in to the other RH mods as I was put on to them by another member. They well be duplicated in the two RHS mods

16. Oh ok. Most likely the RH mods would be decent quality then assuming they are still supported and I dropped the ball on not sussing out he meant ASR AI. Lol.

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yes definitely make sure the RH mods are either needed or not needed. And also, make 100% sure your CBA is up to date. Like 110% sure. That alone being old could cause this problem.

18. I have CBA A3 through steam. Hopefully they are up to date!!!

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yes Steam is fine. I'd say get rid of ASDG JR, and verify all the other RH mods are ok (remove them if not necessary), then test it again. If we assume me seeing CAF spawn properly 99% of the time is a config issue within the mod itself, at the very least you should be seeing the same.

Make some edits and post the mission back here for either Spyder (or me, or anyone else) to look at. Though for me, it may be a day or two because I need to get RHS again.

20. Will do. Just going to drown.....I mean bath the kids then on it

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!