Call to prayer script for mission makers (marker version)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Nice work Spyder

+1 vote for inclusion in SypderAddons

3. @SavageCDN Nice work Spyder

+1 vote for inclusion in SypderAddons

It's excellent watching those civs slowly walk over and sit down. Dare I say, it's kinda cute. :)

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

^ Until one is a suicide bomber and you all die :)

5. Haha. Yeah I forgot about that.

6. For multiple CTP buildings, would I separate with comma and no space? or comma then space? Thanks Spyder!

7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes you would separate them with a comma, it doesn't matter if there is a space after the comma

["building_1","building_2","building_3"],
    ["building_1", "building_2", "building_3"],

Would both work

Think about it the same way you would enter TAOR markers for an ALiVE module. It's the same thing except you need " " around each entry and the containing [] around all entries as seen above (and of course the comma at the very end of the line after the ]).

8. I wouldn't bang your head too much on the script version, Ski. If all goes according to plan (*begins twirling evil mustache*) Spyder may have a much easier way to implement this soon.

Then I'll probably come in and ask the same question about quotes, commas and spaces. LOL!

9. Hahah.. That was fast. Really impressed with the community here. Lots of love and help for mission builders.

10. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 Yes you would separate them with a comma, it doesn't matter if there is a space after the comma

Would both work

When you enter the debug lines and click local exec to reveal building classnames, what does "copy to clipboard" mean? Do I just enter Notepad or whatever after that and click ctrl+v to paste? Or is there a literal clipboard somewhere with the classname?

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes, if you hit Ctrl-V with notepad open, the building's classname will be pasted to the file. If you hit Ctrl-V and all you get is "", then try again.

12. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

@SpyderBlack723 Yes you would separate them with a comma, it doesn't matter if there is a space after the comma

Would both work

Think about it the same way you would enter TAOR markers for an ALiVE module. It's the same thing except you need " " around each entry and the containing [] around all entries as seen above (and of course the comma at the very end of the line after the ]).

Do you recommend using all 3 types used for the mosques on Takistan/Zargabad or just the main "HQ" one? If they take up positions in the building as defined by the building, I think I need to use all 3 because the main, middle part only has like 2 spots.

It'd be sweet if it could make them gather in the main empty room, sit in a grid and do the kneeling animation, but I know the AI is really finicky about walking around inside buildings.

13. I would use all 3 to get maximum coverage over the map.

14. @SpyderBlack723 Yes you would separate them with a comma, it doesn't matter if there is a space after the comma

Would both work

Is this the same for the custom markers as well? I am having an issue with it dropping speakers in the right locations. I am using the AIA takistan map, and i tried using the minarets, but i end up with a clump on the southern airfield. When i try a custom marker i am not getting anything. It was getting late last night, so maybe its something simple I am overlooking.

15. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes it is the same for custom markers if I'm interpreting your question correctly. If you only want loudspeakers to be located near minarets, specify the minarets classname in the buildings parameter and also set the third parameter to false.

16. Hmm ok that's what I did, but I still would end up with them in random places. I will look at it again tonight when I get home from work. Spyder, have you noticed or heard of inconsistencies or differences in functionality with your addons between AiA and Cup maps?

17. I haven't had any reported so far.

18. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Sheeps

How can I make the CTP louder? I'm pretty sure someone has said before but my tired eyes cant find it!

Also is there a way to make the @AUTigerGrad ambient sounds louder?

19. In the description.ext or wherever you defined the sounds, look for this text
    db+3.3

3.3 is your volume setting, set it higher to get a louder sound

20. Top man. Thanks @SpyderBlack723

21. Keep meaning to ask but keep forgetting! Since I changed the script to include the 500m radius for pull the CTP seems to sound twice with about 15-20secs between activations. You can clearly hear the prayer twice. Any ideas what might be causing it?

or Sign Up to reply!