Call to prayer script for mission makers (marker version)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@HeroesandvillainsOS  What do you mean by having the sounds defined correctly? I didn't edit any of the stuff in the sound folder. I used the one you linked in the mission and not the one I use in mine.

In the description.ext was what I was thinking but it's a long shot. Any luck with CUP?

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't tried it yet. Honestly, with BIS breaking triggers (not that there are triggers here, just saying) and some sounds and whatnot I see no sense in me banging my head against a wall trying to figure it out until they update us. Not only that, but FATA has notorious sound issues as well (I'm honestly surprised you can even play it with CUP. ASCZ map fixes as far as I know isn't compatible with CUP so I have no clue how you have any sounds on the map at all).

But no, my setup still doesn't appear to be working. I didn't do anything fancy. I defined it in the description.ext according to the Readme, put the init.sqf line on the top of my init.sqf, put the sounds folder in my mission root, and placed 11 "empty" (under "strategy," then "empty") markers on the map...which do spawn loud speakers, naming them CTP1, CTP2, etc.

If the next patch doesn't fix it I'll download CUP again and test your template.

Thanks for checking in man.

4. @AUTigerGrad Here's a demo of my ambient sounds pack in action on a typical patrol through an Afghan city.

I'll try and get these up along with my African pack in the next couple of days.

This looks amazing! I would love to use this on one of my afghanistan missions.

5. @Looter Download link is in my AUTigerGrad's Ambient Sounds thread on here. Enjoy.

6. I have been using a CTP script made by JinkerGM.
    I found his video on YouTube and he kindly shared it on there.
    I removed the VBIED script from it as obviously have that in alive. I've added my own CTP.

Works fine with Civ pop module units not just manually added.

7. Wow. I like it. Unfortunately the one here will not work for me. Can you explain how this one works? Does it play at set times or is it set on a trigger?

Does it put the civs in a trance like that too or was that just for the video?

Anyway, if it's a simple sound file that can play on any map I'd like to use it with your ALiVE adjustments if possible.

8. It's exactly as it shows I the video. I'll ask the authors permission then put my alive version on here if he allows.

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Sheeps, that doesn't really help clarify what this is. I appreciate you looking into it man but before you even bother asking, if it compels every civ on the map to come to the mosque it's probably not ideal for several hundred to congregate there all at once. LOL! I like my frames. :)

Does it play at certain times of day or does it play every time you enter the mosque?

10. Yes it plays at the set CTP times. At the mo it pulls them from all over as best as I can tell my plan is to figure out how to put a radius on it and to allow multiple mosques playing it across the nap

11. Having the Civs go to the mosque is a nice little addition

12. If any of you are able to assist with making it only pull within a certain radius I'd be a very happy chap. My scripting ability is limited to cut and paste!

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

^ should be pretty easy, can take a look later today if the script is posted

14. Will post what I have in couple of hours. Cheers Spyderl

15. Yeah drawing civs in is a really neat feature. I'm excited to see if you guys can get a radius figured out (and maybe some way to have them leave when they're done?).

The prayer itself sounds great too.

16. They do leave when done. Just takes a good few minutes.

17. Wow that's awesome.

18. Here is the script as I have it. I have changed the CTP sound to one i preferred.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6eu4wzxnhjzez1/AACU9x44M4fbafV2zeFtmYIja?dl=0

19. Replace the init.sqf that is provided in that download with this

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/55460dcc8f7715dc58c1

It'll only grab civilians within 500m

20. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Sheeps, can you post back a complete version of this with Spyder's edit when you get a chance? I'm on my phone so I can't see if there's a readme with install instructions so that would be helpful too if it doesn't have one.

21. Edited 8 years ago by Sheeps

Spyder you are a legend!

Heroes, do you want me to add it to my drop box?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!