recruit AI

1. 8 years ago

Hey.

Is it poosible to use a simple addaction to Object or unit to spawn Group or/and units and join player?

2. Just search for a recruit script, or you can recruit troops via the combat logistics, either use an air drop, heli insertion or convoy. select a group or individual soldiers and select the option for them to join players group. the only problem with this approach is it can take a while for your request to be actioned.

3. Thanks, i found one bon's ai recruit script that looks interesting on armaholic, and i tested it, works very well with vanilla units. However it is a huge job to config that script to rhs witch i primary use. But i placed down zeus module, and spwning in what i want, and then use ace3 switch unit, its not pretty but it works.

4. Was thinking of making an AI recruitment dialog for a new mission. With hope it would be easy to use, like adding a faction name to an array and then all units from that factios would show up on the dialog and be available for recruitment. I'll let you know how it goes unless you find something else.

5. Friznit

29 Aug 2015 Administrator

Arjay is working on a group manager at the moment which I think may have a recruit ai option in it (maybe)! Not actually seen it yet though, and its not quite in the 'keep it realistic' theme for ALiVE. We're looking at how to make logistics more accessible so we can stick to using that approach.

6. Thats nice

7. btw if you can add a option to logistic module to instant reinforce at hq, with extra cost to force pool, a group per hour or with a specific group count, defined by the mission maker. It will still be a realistic way to reinforce as the player need to plan ahead, and not just reinforce every time he dies

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Here's an alternative until that is completed:

https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderRecruitment

Download by hitting "Download ZIP" on the right side.

Allows you to recruit units from a list retrieved from factions that you can specify (this way you can switch which units are available in a flash instead of changing individual classnames).
    It also displays the units gear so you know what you're getting prior to recruiting

If you have trouble setting it up, take a look at the readme.txt

9. Thank you Spyder, You are a wizard

10. Tested your script on takistan, and in preview in sp editor, they spawn as usual, but when i play on my dedi, they spawn 6.5 km from the airbase, no matter what i do. Do you have any idea whats going on? On altis/stratis it works ok

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Lol.. interesting issue. Haven't actually tested it in MP as it was something I just made really quick. No clue why it would be spawning them far away only on Takistan.

Anyway, I made a few modifications to it and am now spawning the unit on the server so I'll have to switch it so that it spawns at the location of the object it's attached to and not the player. This should fix any issues it might've had. Will let you know once I get it updated (should be sometime today, not too long).

12. ok sounds good. Don't rush it, we can wait:-)

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Alright try this version:

Tested on my dedicated server and all appears to be working fine.

.. forgot my example mission was set on takistan, should probably change that to a vanilla map.... maybe later :)

14. Thanks, its working! :-)

15. Warning Message: Resource Spyder_GearSelector not found

Where i find one?

16. You shouldn't be getting that error from this script set. Are you getting this on an existing mission or the example mission?

17. example mission

18. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The ExampleMission was out of date.

The error was caused if you used an action on the crate that wasn't supposed to be left in the mission, no effect on the script itself.

Example mission updated:

19. Hey. Love the script. Would it be possible to convert it into giving you a group rather than single units? It would probably have to assume that your player was the squad leader and not spawn in the corresponding unit from that group.

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I could add an option that allows you to switch between being able to recruit single units and entire groups. The only issue is that not all modded factions have the same method for defining their groups. This could lead some factions to work fine while others wouldn't function at all. I'll look into it.

Edit: Looked into it a bit further. I think I can only get it working for modded factions that have groups defined the same way as BIS. Not sure if it's worth it. Either way, a task for another day.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!