Leights Opfor Faction Compatibility

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Probably. This is what I'm saying. :( If you love your mission you're better off dropping Leights.

Regarding CUP civs, Tupolov made a comment on it recently unless I'm getting confused with a different civ faction: http://alivemod.com/forum/1795-supported-factions/0#p9343

3. Looks like it:(

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Talking from experience to remove the dependency if you don't want to start a new mission from scratch:

Make sure you set it so ArmA stores your mission.sqm in the old readable fashion.

Go into the editor with a new faction in your mod line (and with Leights/RHS still loaded, obviously) and delete all references to Leights in the modules and any objects of Leights that were manually placed. Save.

Exit the game and go into the mission.sqm file. Search "LOP" with ctrl+F and "LOP_" as well and delete any lines which refer to Leight's pack.

Go back into the launcher and then remove Leights from the mod line. Try opening your mission. If it loads, you've successfully removed the dependency. If it doesn't, add Leights back to the mod line and start back from step 1.

Do the same with RHS if you don't need the mod any more.

I did this a few months back and don't regret it for a second.

5. Oh balls. Mine isn't saved in the old format

6. I should be able to get the previous release from our server so will roll back mine then wipe it from my mission never to use his work again!

7. You can change this yourself. It's under one of the settings in the 3D editor. If you can't find it post back and I'll find it for you when I get home.

To be honest, LOP may remove itself entirely just by deleting the assets and removing the faction name within the editor. I generally do a look-see in the mission.sqm any time I remove dependencies just to be safe.

8. @Sheeps I should be able to get the previous release from our server so will roll back mine then wipe it from my mission never to use his work again!

Or you could do that. Lol

9. I am hoping they just messed something up in today's patch and can fix it asap, instead of completely changing the faction names.

It's not like I'm using a lot, just ISTS and Tak_Civ right now since I removed the props that were messed up.

If that doesn't work out I'll need an ISTS analogue and some Civs. I have IWAR troops in there as my occupying forces for BluFor to go against, as well as ISTS Insurgents in a much smaller number to mess with the players.

10. Another benefit of Aggressors over Leights is the fact that Leights has a dependency of RHS. Aggressors does not.

11. I'll be sticking with CAF aggressors for opfor and my civ vehicles from now I think

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You'll need to use vanilla civ vehicles but yeah, still the best middle eastern faction available IMO. And don't forget the sound hotfix for CAF (which should be available in the main download page on Armaholic).

13. Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I have CAF. I guess I could use them for my Insurgents and Civs, and keep IWAR AIF for my Occupier force.

14. Instead of adding an entire vehicle class to the civ pop module can you add specific vehicles?

15. It seems like one of the devs for LOP has a working copy, and is just waiting for Leight's go ahead to re-upload to Steam to fix their issues. But, I'm going to hold off on re-subscribing on steam, and make a backup copy of the current working version just in case.

16. Ye I've been burned by Leights now. Not sure I fancy going back which is a shame as having ANA and AP units on my Sangin map was a nice touch.

17. highhead

23 Mar 2016 Administrator

I Use Massis middle eastern warfare pack for civis and CUP! Once CUP may also deliver civis i ,ay switch to only CUP.

18. that might be the way forward for me too so as to help some of our members with less capable rigs

19. Edited 8 years ago by Keeway

Hello from LOP developer, any protips on configuration our mod? What exactly we need to do? We have working groups so far.

20. According to server RPTs it looks like a lot of the models I am using aren't set up for extended event handlers. Unless that was fixed in 1.8 as I am using 1.7.1 still.
    I can provide recent RPTs that you can comb through to look for issues that might pop up with LOP units.

I am using ISTS and TAK_Civ for my Insurgents and civilians, and any improvement that would cut down on RPT bloat would be awesome!

21. You can always send me I will check if it was fixed or not, but please use this thread http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/509966175/392184522713399512/

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!