What will persist?

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Fuhajins

Hello.
    I ask this there because loading, saving and resuming tests missions to see how this behave is really hours intensive.

So from what i have read and tried these will persist and be saved:

Mission time.
    Vehicle used by any player.
    Player gear, loadouts.
    The ALIVE profiles.
    Any hand placed or spawned AI synchronized to the Virtual AI System.
    The hand placed or spawned empty Vehicles and statics synchronized to the Virtual AI System.

Things that wont be persistent or will reset:

Triggers and so the user made tasks states.
    Effects and events without conditions.
    Hand placed or spawned AI, empty Vehicles and statics without being synchronized.
    Objects that can't be synchronized (APERS mines, ammo crates, a water bottle...).

Is this right?

• What happens to a vehicle with that multiplayer VehicleRespawn synchronized to it. Will it be unprofiled when it is destroyed ?
    • If i drive up to a mine and my vehicle get destroyed. In the next mission load, the mine will respawn right? Yes it will.
    • Is there anyway to profile a unit but make it not being moved around by the commander so i can tell it to board x or y static launcher or move to a location?
    • If i do profile a named unit, does it loose his name (or group) when it get virtualised? Yes it will.

I would like to make my opfor mortar fire at x position and i wonder if i can fire a virtualized mortar, i guess no. Then if i do place a mortar in the editor it will always be respawned and will run the fire script even when players destroyed it in the previous mission?

I have so many questions. I hope it dot not annoy too much.

2. Edited 8 years ago by Fuhajins

So i got to do some tests.

Synchronized Units wont respawn after death. The same with Statics (mortars, HMG...), hand placed Civilians and Vehicles. They can be virtualized but they loose their name, if you gave any one.

Mines, objects (ammoboxes) and empty autonomous can't seems to sync and do respawn. Unsynced units will respawn.

Ordering a synced but non virtualized infantryman to climb a non synced mortar gave weird results (mortar clipping into the ground). At the mission reload he finally disembarked.

Syncing the player, myself, did not had any notable effect for now.
    bad!

I just need to know if there is a way to make to prevent the commander to use a particular synced unit, make me join a group of AI without the teleport and i am good to go for my first mission making. :D

3. This is a good thread. As you discovered, you never sync your playable or grouped player units to the Virtual AI module.

Joining AI groups can actually be done via the Operations tab in the Commander Tablet. From there you can see your virtualized groups and join them. HOWEVER, joining the groups is currently broken and is being fixed. From my understanding it will work again after the next update.

4. Oh alright. I though it would made you teleport to their location like in the example script. Thank yuo for the tip.

5. You will teleport to them and you're supposed to join their unit. The joining part I think is broken right now. But yes, teleporting is exactly how it works.

6. Tupolov

23 Feb 2016 Administrator

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

or Sign Up to reply!