Supply Helicopter or Airplane

1. 8 years ago

Apologies if I missed the thread and am re-posting an old question.

Is there a way to configure the support modules to use specific aircraft? Using RHS, i'd like to see the resupply chopper be the CH53 .. or airdrop with the C130.

Thanks in advance.

2. In your init.sqf you must call an external script or function:

execVM "staticData.sqf";

Inside the root of your mission folder, create a file named "staticData.sqf". Inside that file, write this:

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
    waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

//-- Air Vehicles
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, _faction, _vehicles] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    //-- Example: [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "OPF_F", ["O_Heli_Attack_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

There isn't actually an airplane that drops paradropped units (A3 offers no cargo plane), it's just a sound effect.

3. Thank you spyder ... i was making a new scenario and during testing had a uh60 medevac drop uoff a squad of Marines ... ???? :) ... got me thinking perhaps their IS a way and someone knows!!

4. There isn't actually an airplane that drops paradropped units (A3 offers no cargo plane), it's just a sound effect.

If there isn't actually a plane, why would specifying one be necessary?

And I thought the support modules has a force faction line. I guess I'm confused about what he's trying to do here that the modules themselves don't actually already let you do.

I'm just trying to learn as much about these things as I can right now.

5. Edited 8 years ago by patch74

I was under the impression that the default re-supply vehicle (heli-insertion or airdrop) could not be changed. However, after testing a scenario I created (using RHS) I saw a medevac chopper drop off some Marines. That was odd 1) it wasn't the default ghost hawk I had always seen and 2) it was using a vehicle from the RHS mod (albeit wrong faction) but still. So i posted my question.

What I am hoping for (and I'm sure spyder solved for me) was to specify a CH53 for Marine re-supply. That makes better sense. Didn't know about the plane not actually "spawning" ... i just know there's a c130 in the RHS mod as well.

having read this forums for some time, i've realized there are some really smart folks out here who've peeked behind the curtain and know how to configure a lot of actions via scripts, etc.
    Skills well beyond my own

- also: the module has a restrict to line but that (i believe) is for the list of supplies available. Not vehicle used. (same for whitelist/blacklist lines)

- sincerely,
    grasshopper

:)

6. well .. i'd like to report that it worked but ... that blessed uh-60medevac always shows up.

Tried your advice spyder, then when that failed came across the related snippet on the wiki.
    here's what I placed in the staticData.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

/*
    * MILITARY logistics air transport vehicles per faction
    */
    ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "rhs_faction_usmc_d", ["rhsusf_CH53E_USMC_D","rhsusf_CH53E_USMC"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "rhs_faction_usmc_wd", ["rhsusf_CH53E_USMC_D","rhsusf_CH53E_USMC"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

i'm assuming the vehicle has to be in the actual faction (in which case the '_d' one is) .. so no clue.
    Any other tips perhaps?

7. The vehicle does not have to belong to the faction to be used by that faction as transport.

Once in game, run this code in the debug console

hint str ([ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "FACTIONNAME"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet);

And see if it hints the same value that you applied in the staticData.sqf

8. ran in and got a list of vehicles (4) including the uh60 (and others from the mod). no CH53 in the list.

so the data in staticData isn't being read? checking my syntax to make sure i didn't fudge it ...

9. k...user problem. ran the original code you gave me in the console to set the vehicle, then the second code to verify, and CH53 was in the array. Called the supply and viola! .. ch53 arrived!

doesn't work without setting in console

in my init

execVM "staticData.sqf";
  10. Don't know what it was but Arma crashed the last time I tried ... now works fine.

Appreciate the help!

or Sign Up to reply!