Addaction on Civilians

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Lord_Riot

With the Alive mod activated, I am unable on 'addaction' on civilians or other units - is this a known issue?

Edit - Corrected the Mod name cause I'm a fool.

2. Although the ALiVE devs don't discourage the use of outside mods, they don't generally directly support mods, especially ones as complex as Exile.

Your best bet is to ask the Exile team for ALiVE support.

3. Heroes I'm really sorry! I don't know why I put Exile, I have never used it led alone implemented it!

I meant 'Alive' not Exile (Extremely Embarassed)

Thanks for the speedy response!

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

lol that's funny. What do you mean addaction? The vanilla way of interacting with civs in ALiVE is to use your mousewheel options.

Some mods such as Spyder Addons adds a civilian interaction module, which uses an addaction to interact with civs, but I think the regular ALiVE way is through mousewheel (talk to so and so, gather intel, etc).

Can you clarify a bit about the exact issue?

Interacting with civs in ALiVE is really only useful if one of the commanders is set to Assymetric mode. Then make sure you have civ placement and civ population placed. I like to give them a region of origin (eastern or western).

I have a feature request open to use an addaction, but although it's being discussed it is not implemented yet.

5. From a mission making perspective, as oppose to using triggers in 3DEN, I use sqf's and addactions.

I.E If I place a civilian I will give him an addaction to run an sqf, it appears that the 'addaction' command is overwritten by the 'Search' & 'Detain' options.

To this date I actually haven't been able to gather intel etc, although I have 'talked' to one civilian, how does the talking & intel function as I have not seen it in action yet?

6. Scripting your own functions is out of my league, but I can explain the Intel gathering portion.

Basically, with both the civ modules I mentioned placed, and an Assymetric Commander, the mousewheel option to "gather Intel" will appear at the very bottom of the mouse wheel option list.

Basically, you have to scroll down to see it most of the time. It's usually always last in the list.

Only a small portion of civs will have this option available.

After you click on it, on the in-game map, you'll see a variety of things. CIV/MIL markers representing places fighters could possibly spawn, roadblocks, insurgent HQ's that need blowing up, etc.

7. Edited 6 years ago by SpyderBlack723

How are you adding the action, via editor init box?

8. Edited 6 years ago by Lord_Riot

Hi Spyder,

I'm trying via the Civ init Box & Via script. Is there a prevention of adding in Civs init?

EDIT: On the back of this Spyder using Objects with the same addaction is functioning via script & init. So it seems just Units, I.e Civ's, IND forces etc.

Let me know if you have any further thoughts.

9. Cannot think of anything restricting this functionality. If you could provide a CBA ALiVE only repro mission i could try to take a look, thanks.

10. Edited 6 years ago by zuzul

Hi there !
    Still using this awesome mod that Alive is, and I got the same issue: I'm trying to add some simple addactions commands on civilian (mostly for going prone or arrest) without using ACE (far too important for my team needs).
    I've look in the following mod (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=641786199 ) which is some basing functions added to the init.sqf and fits my needs perfectly. I've also tried to see how SpyderBlack723 did (awesome mod by the way), but I did get where the civilian addaction was made to appear with Alive.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day!

11. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So that script fits your needs perfectly or do you need help? You said both lol. If that script doesn’t work out well, check out OPEX. I love what Gemini has done but have no clue if it would work with ALiVE. If you find something really great don’t forget to post it back here. :)

12. Hi Heroes!
    Sorry: the script is exactly what I need for, but do no work directly in Alive: Addaction on civilian by .sqf do not work and I do not known how to include them in Alive. So my question is how to make addaction working in alive, as SpiderBlack723 did for his mod.
    Thank for OPEX, but I want to use Alive more than this mode (and I do think both are compatible).

13. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I didn’t mean use OPEX, I meant take a look at his Civilian interaction script if this one didn’t cut it for you. Seeing as it does, and you just want ALiVE compatibity, you can ignore the OPEX recommendation.

@SpyderBlack723 really is a good one to ask, but he’s on a bit of a hiatus so maybe another dev will come around.

IMO the entire thing needs some love by default in ALiVE in general so I don’t blame you at all for looking for scripted solutions. There is an open feature request for this (integrating Spyder’s civ interaction directly into ALiVE), but if it does happen, it probably won’t be soon. You never know though.

14. Edited 6 years ago by zuzul

You're absolutly right.
    I'm just looking for a basic way to overload the AddAction for Civilians ; afterwards, I know what to do. It's just the how to I cannot find the way to properly do it in Alive.

or Sign Up to reply!