Preventing AI Respawn After Mission Restart in SP

1. 6 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm trying the new ALiVE RC and I'm loving it. Amazing job for sure. The addition of a SP mode is surely appreciated but I was wondering if there was a way to prevent player team AI units from respawning after the mission restarts. Yesterday I played a mission in which one of my AI squadmates died but when I reloaded the mission from my last save (a savegame after the unit died) he was there once again. All of the AI in the player's squad are not synchronized with ALiVE so my question is, if I sync them to the virtual profile system, will they remain dead or do I need some kind of script?

Thxs in advance

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You don't want to virtualized them. Playable units or AI units in your group should never be given to the Commander.

The AI respawning on mission load is perfectly normal. ALiVE doesn't persist player groups.

If your mission is relatively simple and light on features and profiles, it might be worth a shot using the vanilla BI save function instead (which is disabled by default with ALiVE so you'll need to turn it on).

or Sign Up to reply!