Sectors

1. 7 years ago

I saw a post a few weeks ago about Virtual AI and Sector Control but couldn't find it so I figure Ill ask again. Is it possible to have Virtual AI to capture a sector an example is from the image below. It has Virtual AI in the sector but they are not capturing it. Is this possible?

-image-

2. Are you asking if it's possible for Virtual AI to change the red TRACE square to green? If so, not organically. Though a dev might be able to give you some insight for whether or not it's possible to script in yourself.

3. Having virtual profiles trigger TRACE sectors would be a Performance nightmare.

4. The trace sectors have nothing to do with the question. Sorry if that was confusing. maybe I should have upload the pic with out them. I asking if the Virtual profiles can trigger the Arma 3 sector.

Maybe this picture better shows what I am asking.
    -image-

5. Tupolov

7 Dec 2016 Administrator

@Hazey

6. I think what @WarlordX07 wants is the old town manager from MSO and the HUMINT/SIGINT system.

7. @WarlordX07 I could probably script something like this into the mission file. Wouldn't be too hard.

8. Could someone use simple words to tell me exactly what he's looking to accomplish?

9. Edited 7 years ago by matze

Like this:?

http://alivemod.com/forum/2507-let-virtual-ai-capture-sector-control

I'm also sure someone posted a working script somewhere but can't find it too.

10. @matze Yes, thats what im trying to do

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Wow I still have no idea what the idea behind this is. :(

The other thread doesn't help.

What's the ideal result when the virtual AI capture these sectors? Spawning additional non-virtual units to hold the sector that perpetually exist there until the sector is taken back by the other side (which would then delete the non-virtual units?)?

12. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Have you ever played Arma 2 MSO or Arma 3 Invade and Annex? The reason would be to have towns or areas set as sectors for player to capture. You are looking to far into the question. The sector is not for spawning anything, its just to show where the AI has control and to show the player where they need to capture. As of now Virtual AI does not capture the sector until the player spawns them in. But once the player leaves the area the Virtual AI can retake the sector but will not show it has been recaptured.

13. Can also just use the Military Sector Display toggle.

14. not the same, military sectors will show the whole map not in selected areas, also they do not show up as a task

15. I see. I get it now. That would be a pretty fun feature. I think I'd enjoy that too.

or Sign Up to reply!