Server performance @ 0 fps - Need advice

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Well CQB is kind of like an ambient unit spawner so yeah. It adds additional units beyond the ones spawned by the objective modules. Depending on the percentage and numbers you let spawn with CQB, it in itself can bog an already crammed mission down quite a bit.

I prefer to never exceed 10% and pairs. On maps like Altis you need to be pretty mindful and probably use less if you allow them to spawn on the entire map (depending on how everything else is set up).

3. You can mark this as SOLVED.

It seems to be my host issue rather than ALiVE issue since everything plays fine while hosted with TADST on my machine.

Seems like rented server (Not Dedicated) don't have the power to run my missions if i don't tone down some modules.

Thanks again for your answers and thoughts on this thread.

4. Some server definitely do. I guess the summoning of my squad leader didn't work. :(

I'll ask him to next time we play.

5. I've been having a similar issue with my mission. I have it set to 80 objectives on Asymetric mode, only a few mods like CBA, ACE, ALiVE, TF47 launchers, VSM Gearpack. CQB module at 2%, civilians on low, camps and roadblocks on low, 100 military units for placement, 100 units for civilian placement, spawn radius of 1100 m on Tanoa but even with only 8 people on we all experienced drops of down to 12-15 fps (eg in Ouemere last night). We are using bluefangsolutions for our provider. Is there a way I can better optimize this or my server or something? Its been a really frustrating.

Thanks!

6. We should be getting better performance shouldnt we?

7. Yeah I'd say so. Though I'm no expert on optimizing a server. Is TF47 still chalked full of rpt spam? It may be worth looking into.

8. @Opendome How many profiles do you have spawning at once?
    So far I've found that limiting it to 25 or so is a pretty good balance for small to mid sized player groups on Tanoa.

9. Ah that might help too, how do you limit it ? Through the active limiter?

10. Yes, in the Virtual AI module.

11. Thanks I tried turning it down, seems to be better but frames still seem kind of low. Im wondering if its our dedicated providers system, has anyone else used bluefangsolutions?

or Sign Up to reply!