Can I Blacklist a Building Type?

1. 8 years ago

Without just putting markers over all the buildings I wish I prevent things spawning on/in?

It keeps spawning aircraft inside those enclosed garages with the two big doors you couldn't even fit a plane in so it just destroys all those buildings on the map in areas where they should be spawning aircraft.

2. Friznit

23 Jul 2015 Administrator

Which map? It's likely an indexing issue. Might be possible to override the index in static data.sqf but ultimately the map will need reindexing.

3. I noticed it on Panthera 3.

4. I know the building type he is referring to... looks like a garage of sorts with 2 large bay doors and a smaller side door - it seems to be detected as a hangar as fixed wing aircraft will spawn inside.

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Some staticData from the panthera map referencing air related building types. Like Friznit said, might be able to override it and remove the building from the array if you can find the classname for it.

ALIVE_airBuildingTypes = ALIVE_airBuildingTypes + [
        	"hangar"
        ];
       ALIVE_militaryAirBuildingTypes = ALIVE_militaryAirBuildingTypes + [

];
       ALIVE_civilianAirBuildingTypes = ALIVE_civilianAirBuildingTypes + [
        	"ss_hangar",
            "hangar_2",
            "hangar",
            "runway_beton",
            "runway_end",
            "runway_main",
            "runway_secondary"
        ];
       ALIVE_militaryHeliBuildingTypes = ALIVE_militaryHeliBuildingTypes + [

];
      ALIVE_civilianHeliBuildingTypes = ALIVE_civilianHeliBuildingTypes + [
        	"heli_h_civil"
        ];
  6. 7 years ago

Old topic but still a thing. I get Helo's spawning in hangars on Cherno. The blow up promptly after spawning. Isn't there a way to prevent that from the get go. I mean the ai can't even fly out. Why span them in buildings in the first place? I'd rather define spawn areas myself.

7. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

You can use the above method or just reindex the map without stating that hangar as a usable hangar.

or Sign Up to reply!