Civies not spawning Panthera/CUP Terrains

1. 8 years ago

Hi,

Ok so I've tried all I could find in the forums. I am trying to get civies to populate the towns in Panthera, the civilian placement module is working because it detects the objectives but after that no civilians spawn, I've even tried with several placement modules. I tried with both LOP_CHR_Civ and CIV_F, if I leave it open for the whole map only a couple of towns get civies on the top left and bottom left of the map, all other obj are left empty. I tried with a reduced TAOR and no civies spawn at all.

So, am I doing something wrong or is there some way to fix this? -image-

Thanks.

2. Sometimes the indexing process for the map will not 'find' all the civilian settlements for whatever reason... there isn't much you can do about it. For a work-around try using the CQB module and CIV_F as the faction (someone has done this in the past to get around the low civ counts)... you can also try using a TAOR marker that covers the whole map (instead of leaving it blank).

Has anyone else experienced this with Panthera?

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't looked at this map specifically but one thing that has happened to me before was civilians not spawning if I used filters. Have you tried with "Do Not Filter" in both the objective size/priority dropdown options within the module?

Also, I personally have found debugging that module and relying on what you see on that map to tell you how many civs have spawned to be either unreliable or at least confusing. I test civ spawns by teleporting, going into the commander tablet/admin actions/activate marking units.

4. 7 years ago

Yeah Heroes I've tried several different settings and normally use Zeus to move to a location and see if they spawn, normally they only are there where the debug shows them, I also tried teleporting a unit to the location and using it and they don't show either. I'll try with the whole map TAOR see if that helps.

5. Hi, so I tried the whole map TAOR and that didn't work either, in fact blacklists don't seem to work for this map either, at least for the civilian population module, even if I set a blacklist marker the civs that do spawn which are like 10, spawn outside the defined TAOR and inside the defined blacklist. It is very weird.

6. If you like can you provide us with a repro mission to test? Something simple with just the modules showing the problem. If so please use vanilla factions (BLU_F, OPF_F, etc) and no other mods except the map, CBA_A3, and ALiVE. That or provide your RPT file of a test where the civs do not spawn (again limit your mods to just cba, alive and the map).

7. Sure I'll do that ASAP.

or Sign Up to reply!