Moving front line

1. 4 years ago

Hey all I have an idea for a mission involving one force trying to push through objectives (maybe a valley) which is being heavily defended by OPFOR. Our mission as players would be to support the effort of the attackers to clear the valley through air support, artillery bombardment and generally being badass from afar.

I'd just like a bit of advice as this is what i have so far.

OPFOR Commander linked to 6 custom objectives with priority going from 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100. all with about 5 opfor groups in. all are linkedin to both opfor and blufor and blufor are based nearest the 600 (front line)

I'm hoping by doing this that my opfor will defend an objective then fall back to the last one when its lost and blufor will move to capture each of them in order of priority. Is this the case?

Ideally I'd like the opcom to be asymetric as i love the way they behave by ambushing and using ieds which the occupation or invasion don't seem to, unless i missed something

2. Hey @digitalrebel , I believe that part of what you want to achieve won't work the way you describe here. I mean Asymmetric Commander won't be defensive in the way it seems you want to. Asymmetric Commanders are Insurgents. Insurgents do not "hold a line". They actually blend in and fight asymmetric warfare, guerrila! So, I believe that IF you want to have OPFOR to be the defenders your best option is to set the OPFOR OPCOM to "occupation" and the BLUFOR to "invasion". I would recommend to set a GUER faction to asymmetric and from the 3ditor/mission options set the GUER to be friendly towards OPFOR and voila... The invading (attacking) BLUFOR, will fight the defenders (OPFOR) and the insurgents (GUER) that help the defenders by setting ambushes, IEDs, use Hit'n'Run tactics etc.

Hope I managed to give you some info. In case you want anything else please ask! Cheers!

3. 3 years ago

Hey @arismagic yeah i figured that the asymetric wouldnt work so was looking at occupation. and setting up specific objectives from the front line to the rear. I can add an asymetric one who will just ambush and act as more of a guerilla force as well which will be cool, especially is we dont have civilians.

Would I need to connect both opcoms in order to have this front line be recaptured etc or can I just fly troops in and they capture it. Ideally I want players to be capturing all of the objectives and not the AI doing it as seems to happen a lot.

Cheers

4. Deleted 3 years ago by digitalrebel
  5. Deleted 3 years ago by digitalrebel

or Sign Up to reply!