Auto Pause Feature & Clafghan

1. 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

Looking to optimize my groups ALiVE missions, we have chosen Clafghan and are now building the scenario for it. But I did want to ask two things;

1. Has anyone seen the auto pause feature work? My assymetric AI has just exploded in population over night, and it ends up that we have to go to the same areas, everynight to oust the enemy. I'm hoping auto pause will slow the enemy growth (which is satisfactory, but we need to be able to get offline and "resume" the mission).

I did try the auto save script in the snippets area, doesn't seem to be saving anything either. I put it iny missions unit sqf file.

2. Clafghan is awesome for it's large mountains, in the past, I've put custom objectives along the main roads heading north...but I'm wondering if there is a better way to populate the mountains with enemy forces. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. If you're using a headless client it appears autopause doesn't work so you have to use the code dixon13 posted in the script snippets portion of the wiki in your initSever.sqf

["someId", "onPlayerConnected", {
    	if (({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) > 0 || OPCOM_TOGGLE) then { ["ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM"] call ALiVE_fnc_unPauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = false; };
    }] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

["someId", "onPlayerDisconnected", {
    	if ( ({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) == 0 ) then { ["ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = true; };
    }] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

I use 10800 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS; in my init.sqf and that seems to work fine for autosaving every 10800 seconds

3. excellent, thanks @JD_Wang , We don't use any HC currently, so you think the auto-pause checkbox in the ALIVE module would be fine?

I'll give that command another try for the auto-save, but that's the one I used before...perhaps there's another issue at play...i'll have to dissect my mission and find it lol.

Is there any way to add a hint to that script if it's successful? "Autosave complete" or something?

4. By default I get a hint pop up saying ALiVE is saving, and then Save Complete or something similar.

Autopause in the module should be fine yeah

5. Any thoughts on Clafghan too @JD_Wang , i've been a lurker on this site for the last...4-5 years, so i've seen you around a lot haha, figure you might have a decent suggestion for that one.

6. I've never made a mission on CLAfghan, I should give it a go sometime. I know other have added camps with custom objectives just to flesh it out a lot more.

7. My CLAfghan experience is mostly from the A2 version but:

• AI sometimes have issues with the hilly terrain (this is probably worse with A3 AI drivers).
    • AI pilots do not like the runways in CLA - this might be better with the A3 version
    • as JD mentioned the spawns might be a bit sparse on this map - you can add custom objectives to increase the number of AI groups
  8. I'll let ya'll know how it goes :)

You think adding larger custom objectives set to placing a HQ / Guards would be better than smaller points based on the roads? We're looking to have some pretty rough ambush points on the way north

9. Why not do both? :)

10. Edited 4 years ago by UncreatedLemon91

Good point, a larger custom area in the mountain tops with a base, and then smaller objectives along the road to make them head down onto the road areas...I like that concept!

Edit: also @JD_Wang , I am using that snippet you quoted above in my mission's init.sqf file, but there is no auto save occuring...am I right to assume it has to go in the unit.sqf?

I also have the database saved to local instead of cloud if that affects it

11. Not sure what's going on then. I use that exact code in my init.sqf and use local save as well and it definitely saves automatically.

12. It is the map, I am the primary developer for it now, and it is outdated, I cannot change it due to breaking 1839217643 workshop items from others.

What you can do is tell ALiVE not to spawn camps, or installations, and supplies to make sure things dont get all screwed when ALiVE profiles.

Send me any bug reports you have for that map on the workshop page for it.

or Sign Up to reply!