CAS not working

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Hedberg

Hey,

I encountered a weird problem. My CAS does nothing. With SAD or Attack Run they just fly around (planes) and loiter (helicopter). With loiter option the same thing happens, naturally, but they never engage. I've made sure it's set to "Fire at will, engage at will". And I know how it should work because I've used the same CAS setup plenty of times.. Anyone encountering this aswell?

Another unrelated problem is that for some reason neither CUP_O_TK nor CFP's Syrian Arab army works..

2. Are you sure the planes and helicopters that are spawning have (a) units manning the guns and most importantly (b) have guns in general that the AI can fire?

Best way to test this is in the editor without using ALiVE at all. Plonk down some units, and some enemies and set some waypoints and see how the AI behaves.

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS Are you sure the planes and helicopters that are spawning have (a) units manning the guns and most importantly (b) have guns in general that the AI can fire?

Best way to test this is in the editor without using ALiVE at all. Plonk down some units, and some enemies and set some waypoints and see how the AI behaves.

Well it's the way and planes I've always used. I had RHS' planes, which I've always used, F-22, A-10, Su-24, MiG... Also Mi24 choppers. They did work when used without ALiVE.

4. Oh and sorry for double posting, but I don't have CAS option in the app menu anymore, only accessable via ACE interaction.

5. Might be an RHS compatibility issue. Can you try a different mod?

6. Edited 5 years ago by diveyez

It is not the mods being used.
    I too am having this issue even with Vanilla.

I am not sure what is causing it but it seems to be an error in ALiVE because sometimes the CAS modules dont even load into the requester. In example, 2 a10's and 2 attack choppers sync'd to module, then in mission, they all show, until a combat support is used and they will vanish slowly one by one. This is not the respawn limit or timer. I adjusted them.

I also noticed that the kill feed stops working around the SAME TIME that the combat support and logistics take a dump.

7. @diveyez
    I think I've run into the same issue as you not long ago. How are setup your CAS support choppers? are you using placed editor units (synced the the main support module) or are you using Alive's Combat Support CAS module to spawn them?
    A few months ago I had this problem of having CAS choppers and also Transport choppers dissapearing after I'd used them. My support choppers were pretty much all placed down units synced to the main support module (and with the codes in their init for the callsigns and such). I had one chopper that was setup with Alive CAS module though, and this one didn't seem to disappear. So I changed all my Support choppers to be Alive CAS module instead of being placed down units and the disappearing problem stopped altogether.
    Didn't try to replicate the issue vanilla though.

or Sign Up to reply!