Please help with using known supported factions in ALiVE

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Elvisman

I'm seriously about to tear my hair out. lol. Im into the editor now (i'm new). And I have gotten the setup for ALiVE all figured out or so I thought. I am now trying to create my own scenario in the Takistan map.
    i can NOT for, the life of me, get any of the supported factions from Mods like CUP, Leights, Middle Eastern warfare ETC, to spawn. It tells me the faction doesnt have properly setup groups when I start the scenario in preview. I have tried at least 4 different supported mods and it tells me the same thing. The factions I am trying to use are listed as being known to work in ALiVE. . . so I am assuming it is something i am doing wrong? Is there something special I need to do to use these? I can get the official units to spawn just fine.
    Any help would be appreciated. I really want middle eastern looking guys for my Takistan map.

2. The list of compatible factions isn't always up to date because those mods can change outside of our control. Make sure you only have one faction for each placement module and that there are no leading/trailing spaces in the faction fields.

Posting your mission file and a required mods list (as little as possible preferably) will allow others to give you more hands on support as well.

3. The wiki is a bit out-dated for the supported factions part. The reason for that is really, all factions are technically supported by ALiVE, as long as mod makers follow standard faction making protocol. Long story short, updating that would be a very long process, because most factions work! :)

Firstly, ditch Leight's OPFOR. It's old and has been replaced by Project OPFOR. So let's say you want to spawn Taliban looking guys on Takistan using Project OPFOR.

Download Project OPFOR, RHS US and RHS RUS. Load those, along with ALiVE and CBA and open the editor.

Place down the modules ALiVE Required and Virtual AI and move them off to the side. Then place Military AI Commander, Military Objective Civilian Placement and Military Objective Military Placement. Sync the Military Placement Civilian Objective module and the Military Placement Military Objective module to the Military AI Commander module.

In the Military AI Commander module, in the force faction line, type LOP_AM_OPF and save the module settings. Then do the same for both objective modules.

Place a player down on the map, then press play. Watch as Taliban fighters spawn around the map.

If you want a full map battle, place another AI Commander and civilian and military Objective module down and sync the objects modules to the new Commander module like I said above, but in all these write BLU_F in the force faction line.

Lastly, sync the two objective modules for BLU_F to the Military Commander module for LOP_AM_OPF. Then, sync the two objective modules for LOP_AM_OPF to the Military Commander module for BLU_F and press play again and wathc the two sides fight.

Please read the ALiVE wiki. Specifically "Getting started" and also about the various other modules and how they work. The wiki is a great tool for learning how to make quick missions. Just ignore the supported maps and factions sections for now.

For finding faction names in the future. Place a unit from that faction down in the editor. Right click on the unit. Go to config viewer. Then scroll down to where it says "faction" and use that name in the modules.

4. Ninjad

5. Thanks for the tips. I will try that.

The "Right Click and go to config viewer" is something I missed along the way.

6. You can also download Eden enhanced if you want. It will let you right click a unit and copy the faction class, among other useful things.

7. Friznit

14 Apr 2017 Administrator

That's a thing in alive too btw

8. Folks tend to forget that you can see every faction of every mod you have active by going into the Config Editor in Eden and then open up CfgFactions. There...you will see every single faction as it stands for that particular mod.

9. Pretty sure i did exactly what was said. Downloaded Project Opfor and it's dependencies. Activated them.
    Loaded Takistan map in editor.
    Placed down ALiVE modules (ALiVE Needed, Alive Ai, Data, etc)
    Placed down Alive military commander. In it's "Override Factions" box i put "LOP_AM_OPF"
    Placed down Alive Military Placement Modules. In its "Force Faction" box I put "LOP_AM_OPF"
    Placed down Alive Military Civ placement modules. In It's "Force Faction" box i put "LOP_AM_OPF"
    I then synced those 2 modules to the military commander.
    Placed down a playable character.
    Hit play.
    Same error.

EDIT: NOTE TO SELF. MAKE SURE NO LITTLE SPACES ARE ON THE END OF THE FACTION NAMES

Fixed now.
    Dear Lord. This WHOOOLE time. lol.
    Thanks guys. I was leaving a stray space on the end of the faction names.

10. Glad you figured it out

11. Another question. The Military Ai Skill level module. . . what exactly are really "Elite" numbers?
    Done some searching and can't really find anything concrete on what high numbers actually do and what is considered to be high numbers.

12. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Don't bother with the AI skill module m. The module is outdated since BI made some difficulty adjustments on the platform. If you absolutely need AI to be altered, look into ASR AI (or VCOM once you get a bit more comfortable with making missions).

I personally use vanilla AI with 0.75 0.25 skill and accuracy and it's fine.

13. @Elvisman

_recruitSkill = [0.2,0.21,0.01,1,0.05,0.05,0.2,0.2,0.05,0.65,0.05,1,0.2];
            _regularSkill = [0.2,0.25,0.05,0.9,0.1,0.1,0.5,0.4,0.1,0.45,0.1,1,0.5];
            _veteranSkill = [0.2,0.3,0.1,0.75,0.2,0.2,0.75,0.6,0.2,0.25,0.2,1,0.6];
            _expertSkill = [0.3,0.4,0.2,0.55,0.45,0.45,0.85,0.7,0.45,0.1,0.45,1,0.75]
    ;

Numbers are listed in following order, for a value 0-1

Ability Min, Ability Max, Aim Accuracy, Aim Shake, Aim Speed, Endurance, Spot Distance, Spot Time, Courage, Fleeing, Reload Skill, Commanding Skill, General Skill

or Sign Up to reply!