ALiVE 1.2 Released

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@SpyderBlack723 Shot in the dark, change the name of your mission folder.

Thanks. It was worth a shot but that didn't help. The frustrating part is that I think it's a kinda serious error too. Originally it seemed harmless and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but during a testing session where I debugged the virtual AI module just now, an ORBAT group called e8 spawned near my base. I went to go check it out and they were invisible. :(

Any other ideas?

3. Remove everything @alive and re-download? If you delete those manually-placed ORBAT units does the error go away?

4. ^^^ Good suggestions. I'll take a look.

5. Hmmm.

Just loaded up a persistent save and it's not working. Issues on my end or issues with the database?

6. Tupolov

13 Oct 2016 Administrator

DB has been under going some maintenance over last 24 hours...

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Are there any advanced debug options I can use to fast forward a mission I'm balancing aside from the BIS x4 option? I'm trying to balance an insurgency. The first 6-7 hours go really well after periodically debugging the virtual AI, but at about the 8 hour mark, it becomes a little intense but not completely out of hand. At hour 11 it's absolutely totally unplayable. Insurgents begin multiplying by around 20+ profiles per hour (which is HALF of what they start with).

I have a couple edits in mind, which will certainly slow it down, but that means I would probably need to play it for around 10-12 hours before I would know if it's balanced well or if I'm just prolonging the inevitable. Is there a way to cheat this so I can get a snapshot of what it might look like further down the road without letting my PC run all day?

If not I'll post in a different thread and run my ideas past some of you.

8. None that I am aware of...unless there is some super secret dev time displacement utility....

9. Thanks. Yeah I know there wasn't in the past, but I thought Spyder causally mentioned some advanced debug features that were being worked on a bit back so I figured I'd ask if they ever made it in.

I'll try to come up with a post describing what I'm currently using in the mission to see if I can get any dev insight for steps to try first.

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I didn't causually mention anything, I did casually mention an ALIVE RTE with a debug component I was working on, but also noted it was very probably it would never see the light of day - which ended up being the case. It's currently a flying camera simulator.

@SavageCDN None that I am aware of...unless there is some super secret dev time displacement utility....

Time machine module is currently for devs only.

11. I didn't causually mention anything, I did casually mention a debug system I was working on

Lol thanks for clearing that up. :)

12. Quick question guys. I could certainly test this myself, but if anyone knows offhand it would save me a half hour or so of mission setup and server setup time.

So I'm decorating a compound. I've manually placed units who are patrolling with waypoints, and have manually placed units mounting a turret and a mortar.

IMPORTANT: They are not virtualized.

If I kill these units, after a server save and exit, will these units still be dead or will it revert to the original mission.sqm state?

13. They will revert, non virtualized units are not persisted. It's just like restarting the mission.

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks a million Spyder. That definitely saves me some time.

15. Hey can i get help on my end. I am trying to build something using ACE3 and Alive. After setting up on the Eden Builder, for some reason the Alive Modules "Alive(required), Alive Data, and Alive Player Options" they re enable the ammo count for ACE3 even after using the change UI module from ACE. Is there any way to manually disable the ammo count?

16. Just a quick debug question. What does "0 installation" mean?

17. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

You are probably seeing 0 hostility and installation, Two separate texts

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh ok. But the map is filled to the brim on mission start with 0 installation but these locations don't actually have your typical IED or weapons depots/HQ's. There's nothing at these spots. So I take it it means that these are potential locations where installations could eventually spawn?

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Quick question guys. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get a plane working for CAS? I manually placed an RHS CAS (A10 I think?) plane, manually wrote in the code and synced it to the combat support just like I do all my choppers.

It takes off but doesn't engage anything. It just flies and flies and flies in circles around the map (I'm not using any AI mods). Just a general question to see if planes are working for anyone or if I'm missing a step here. If not and if I get a sec I'll test ALiVE/CBA only but before I do that I just want to make sure I understand the proper setup. This is my first time trying a plane.

EDIT: Do I need to laser designate a target for it maybe?

20. I would try giving it a target with an LD although what you're describing just sounds like bad AI ;) Are there targets for it to engage while it is circling?

21. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh yes plenty of targets. Some APC's and foot infantry. One time they even shot it out of the sky. :(

I tried both the AT and CAS variants thinking maybe that would make a difference but in all instances, whether I choose attack and run or SAD, it just soars like a bat out of hell past all the enemies around. Then comes back for more and soars right past again. Rinse and repeat.

I then pulled out a laser designator but hilariously failed at my ineptitude with this game. :( Word on the street is, you target enemies with left click but it doesn't work. At least nothing changes on the LD on-screen display. I also tried right click and tab so now I officially have no clue how to designate targets apparently. I also have no clue whether I'm supposed to target it first, then call in CAS or target when CAS is in transit. Man I suck at this game.....

A buddy of mine is having success with the same plane using ALiVE CAS, and laser designating targets too, so he offered to look into it for me. I must be missing something really obvious.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!