ALiVE 1.2 Released

1. 7 years ago

Tupolov

27 Sep 2016 Administrator

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/?p=3097290

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/54sb7s/alive_12_released_with_new_orbatron/

https://twitter.com/TupolovK/status/780849361869758464

2. I'm getting a new script error. I'm using mods but this error is new for this mission. I was fast forwarding in the SP editor using the x4 + button feature, and every 10 in-game minutes or so, this kept popping up:

http://imgur.com/W6y5sab

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS  What map is that dude?

4. The x4 option can sometimes screw up the Arma scripting system that juggles scripts, it's probably just a random error.

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang it's Afghan Village and it's awesome. It's like Sangin and Kunduz had hot sex and had a little desert map baby. :) Though, the released download has major sound issues making it unplayable, so if you want to use the map with anything other than complete silence, shoot me a PM. I can send you a mission too if you'd like that as well.

@SpyderBlack723 I can definitely see that being the case, though upon further testing I can only seem to coax it when debugging the Virtual AI module, but I have been testing with x4 this entire time so it's almost certainly one or the other. I've yet to see it with Virtual AI debug off and at normal speed. However, I think the error might be causing some bigger issues so here's a rpt in the event you have the time to investigate:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3eeofnd541spz64/arma3_2016-09-28_00-06-33.rpt?dl=0

6. @SpyderBlack723 ok I just ran the mission at normal speed and I'm getting that script error still. Would it be serious? I see its related to profiles so I imagine it can't be good and it definitely didn't exist before this update.

7. We didn't touch the profile system at all so I doubt it's a legit error. Try replacing your modules.

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 We didn't touch the profile system at all so I doubt it's a legit error. Try replacing your modules.

Opening and pressing ok on all of the modules unfortunately isn't helping. Which sucks because that normally fixes issues like this. I guess I can try deleting/replacing but I've never seen that approach make a difference. Normally opening/pressing ok is enough.

What's weird is, the day before release I wasn't getting this error. Tupolov released an RC version which the next day was superseded by the official release. The only thing I changed between the two versions was manually placing the ORBAT units rather than letting them spawn with the modules.

Strange.

Is anyone else seeing this at all?

http://imgur.com/W6y5sab

9. Shot in the dark, change the name of your mission folder.

10. @SpyderBlack723 Shot in the dark, change the name of your mission folder.

Thanks. It was worth a shot but that didn't help. The frustrating part is that I think it's a kinda serious error too. Originally it seemed harmless and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but during a testing session where I debugged the virtual AI module just now, an ORBAT group called e8 spawned near my base. I went to go check it out and they were invisible. :(

Any other ideas?

11. Remove everything @alive and re-download? If you delete those manually-placed ORBAT units does the error go away?

12. ^^^ Good suggestions. I'll take a look.

13. Hmmm.

Just loaded up a persistent save and it's not working. Issues on my end or issues with the database?

14. Tupolov

13 Oct 2016 Administrator

DB has been under going some maintenance over last 24 hours...

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Are there any advanced debug options I can use to fast forward a mission I'm balancing aside from the BIS x4 option? I'm trying to balance an insurgency. The first 6-7 hours go really well after periodically debugging the virtual AI, but at about the 8 hour mark, it becomes a little intense but not completely out of hand. At hour 11 it's absolutely totally unplayable. Insurgents begin multiplying by around 20+ profiles per hour (which is HALF of what they start with).

I have a couple edits in mind, which will certainly slow it down, but that means I would probably need to play it for around 10-12 hours before I would know if it's balanced well or if I'm just prolonging the inevitable. Is there a way to cheat this so I can get a snapshot of what it might look like further down the road without letting my PC run all day?

If not I'll post in a different thread and run my ideas past some of you.

16. None that I am aware of...unless there is some super secret dev time displacement utility....

17. Thanks. Yeah I know there wasn't in the past, but I thought Spyder causally mentioned some advanced debug features that were being worked on a bit back so I figured I'd ask if they ever made it in.

I'll try to come up with a post describing what I'm currently using in the mission to see if I can get any dev insight for steps to try first.

18. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I didn't causually mention anything, I did casually mention an ALIVE RTE with a debug component I was working on, but also noted it was very probably it would never see the light of day - which ended up being the case. It's currently a flying camera simulator.

@SavageCDN None that I am aware of...unless there is some super secret dev time displacement utility....

Time machine module is currently for devs only.

19. I didn't causually mention anything, I did casually mention a debug system I was working on

Lol thanks for clearing that up. :)

20. Quick question guys. I could certainly test this myself, but if anyone knows offhand it would save me a half hour or so of mission setup and server setup time.

So I'm decorating a compound. I've manually placed units who are patrolling with waypoints, and have manually placed units mounting a turret and a mortar.

IMPORTANT: They are not virtualized.

If I kill these units, after a server save and exit, will these units still be dead or will it revert to the original mission.sqm state?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!