[SOLVED] Multispawn "respawn enemy check" or how to disable respawn if enemy close by

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

highhead

23 Feb 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

Hi!

Theres no enemy check for building respawn, as some players want(ed) to do garrison towerdefend style missions. You can however just place the buildingspawn-marker elsewhere on any condition you want (f.e. enemies near players) and the unit will spawn there or will even fall back to the default method if there is no building at all (like f.e. [0,0,0]).

Plus, I will take a look at that groupID issue, may well be due to latest changes in A3, havent touched Group Multispawn module since some time! Thanks!

3. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

HH ninja

4. @highhead Hi!

Theres no enemy check for building respawn, as some players want(ed) to do garrison towerdefend style missions. You can however just place the buildingspawn-marker elsewhere on any condition you want (f.e. enemies near players) and the unit will spawn there or will even fall back to the default method if there is no building at all (like f.e. [0,0,0]).

Plus, I will take a look at that groupID issue, may well be due to latest changes in A3, havent touched Group Multispawn module since some time! Thanks!

Hi!

highhead, could I ask you to kindly elaborate, I got lost between the lines of which I apologize.

or, I guess I understand that I could place the spawn in building marker anywhere and get what you suggest would happen but that doesn't give me what I was looking for: that the building spawn would be disabled when there's enemy nearby.

Could the ALiVE team consider adding the enemy near check also to other spawn types? (If players require to be able to create those tower defense styled missions maybe have an additional option to disable the enemy check for spawn in building type).

5. BUMP

6. You're a busy bee today Savage. I like it. :)

7. 30cm of snow here last night - work is a bit slow today :)

8. Being an American and not having a real grasp on what cm's really are (knowing what they are is unpatriotic), I'll just pretend it's equivalent to 30 feet and you're now playing ArmA in an igloo.

9. Oh you silly Americans and your Imperial Units :)

30cm is almost exactly 1 foot.

Although you are correct about the igloo :) I also had to take the dog sled to work today!

10. Why can't the world end the endless measurement struggle and we all agree to just Measure with bananas.

11. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Woody05 Why can't the world end the endless measurement struggle and we all agree to just Measure with bananas.

Because we're American and ours is longer than yours. That's why. :)

12. OH SNAP!!

13. Well I'm from Texas, and everything's bigger in Texas. So My American banana > Your American banana ;)

Dear OP "ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNGRPUP_%BANANA%"

14. U
    S
    A

U
    S
    A

15. Banana for scale! Now the human race will set out to search for the most perfect banana in the universe that will set the standards to all measures in the future!

16. Where am I?

17. Friznit

3 Mar 2016 Administrator

No bananas here. Wrong mod! We have monkies.

18. I'll just leave this here...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25591

19. *insert random political statement*

If I have to choose between Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton next November, I may have to study up on those wacky centimeter/kilometer thingys as I'll be applying for Canadian citizenship.

20. Ha! I was thinking the same thing the other day when Gawker had that article about the guy that moved to Canada when Bush W got elected.

21. Edited 8 years ago by Asmodeus

Back to the topic! :)

I found a nice way to "dynamically" disable/enable player respawns by SYNCing a trigger to BIS Respawn position (Modules -> Multiplayer -> Respawn position).

Using the code snippet
    ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 300, ["GUER","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0);
    I first saw here Best way to "end mission" in large scale assault?, has proved to be very useful in many scenarios :)

Here's but one way to create multiplayer respawns that get disabled/enabled according to the enemy presence near a respawn:

create a trigger that is Repeatable and in the Condition field add the code snippet

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 300, ["GUER","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0);
    • 300 is the radius or area where, if enemy is present, the respawn should be disabled
    • change GUER to represent the enemy faction (eg. EAST, GUER, NATO) or anything that is supposed to represent an entity that should enable/disable the player respawn
    • use == 0 for call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles (in short: when eg. GUER profiles is 0 inside the trigger area respawn will be available, when GUER profiles is more than 0 respawn will be disabled)

Then place one BIS Respawn position as close as possible the trigger you just created and sync it to the trigger and you're done!

This method has so far worked flawlessly for disabling player respawns when there's enemy profiles (virtualized or spawned) inside the trigger area. Naturally when there's no more enemy profiles inside the trigger area the player respawn will once again become available.

or Sign Up to reply!