Middle Eastern Insurgents/Civilians Question

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Yeah, if Leights fails and the others I mentioned aren't out (or updated) yet, I'll give Massi's a try. I'm sure his civ shorts are only equally as odd as Leight's civ baseball caps (Leights, why???). :)

Sub Insurgents is OLD! I like the mod though. Just decided it's better to use factions currently being supported from now on.

3. Actually, I'd be surprised if a few people in that region didn't wear baseball caps. Shorts, no, but caps, possibly.

You're probably right, sub is old! Best to go with the new. At least that way any bugs you do have down the line will have a chance of being squashed.

4. I switched from Leights back to CAF today. Aside from config issues as mentioned, RHS models seem to be waaaayyyyy more complex than regular BIS and most other faction mods. They look pretty but it's just not worth the frames imho. Plus it relies on RHSUSAF and RHSAFRF which is a whole lot of mod to have enabled to use a tiny amount of it. Using CAF i'm getting much better framerates, better spawns (ie fireteams of insurgents instead of huge patrol squads) and less error messages from various RHS bits and pieces. Just seems to make life easier :)

5. LOL! Yeah like I said earlier I misinterpreted well known BIS error spam as an issue with CAF itself. I'll switch back if I need to.

I just hate that O'Hally doesn't update it anymore. Makes me paranoid and makes me wonder if it causes crashes. Please update me in a few days if everything is stable and thanks for the feedback. CAF is definitely my favorite it's just old and makes me paranoid due to that fact.

6. It's not perfect but it's a lot simpler than the other options available so hopefully more stable, I'll keep you posted mate!

7. So you get better performance with Aggressors than Leights eh?

8. I don't think it makes a huge difference server-side but it's definitely better for clients. Just went on stratis there and checked my framerates looking at 2 pieces of armour and 3 squads: AAF sat between 75 and 80 frames, leights looked like it was nearer 60 or 65, kinda shoots up a bit when you press esc to check and the russian MSV faction from RHS was similar, maybe two or three frames lower on average. CAF however sat at the same point as AAF between 75 and 80 fps. This was on med-high settings on an i5, 16GB RAM and GTX970. As far as I know this is mainly due to the high poly-count of rhs assets. Bohemia have targets on the complexity of models to maintain performance as much as possible. Just compare any BIS armour with an RHS equivelant. The RHS ones look way better but that generally means they're a lot more complex to render in game. The framerate difference isn't that huge or anything but when you add in the fact these models are being virtualised and then spawned back into the game world constantly with alive and then any other mods piled on top it probably adds up. I'm no expert or anything, just what I've observed. Hope this helps!

9. Good to know CAF AG still works OK

10. I just wish CAF AG had the weapon sounds of RHS..

11. CAF is still my favorite Taliban faction. Works great, squad sizes are great. No issues whatsoever.

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The man himself. Thanks buddy. You've swayed me. :)

Leight's unit spawn sizes are just awful. As much as I love his mod his configurations are infuriating.

13. @incontinenetia I just wish CAF AG had the weapon sounds of RHS..

If you use RHS as well, there is probably a weapon swap configuration mod out there somewhere

14. Possibly, although I suspect they are a bit out of date. Might have a go at one myself if I can get a bit less shit at this coding thing.

15. Is anyone else getting a message about a missing RPG texture with CAF? I don't think it causes crashes or anything but just wondering. I'll get the exact error the next time I see it (I think you only see it in the editor but I'm not sure).

16. Hmmm. Regardless of the map I keep getting this error message on screen with CAF: "Cannot load texture ca\weapons\data\rpg7_rockets_co.paa"

It seems to my untrained eye like the game can't find the RPG texture for the CAF OPFOR units.

Not sure if this is a fatal error or not. It doesn't crash single player but I have a feeling it might cause issues in MP.

Would anyone know of a workaround for this (perhaps using a weapons mod will force the RPG infantry to use a different RPG?)?

17. Yep, not a fatal error at all. Unfortunately with mods that haven't been updated in awhile there tends to be small script errors like this all over the place.

18. Good to know. Back to work I go. :)

19. You're all saying how CAF AG works but am I the only one having an issue where the weapons of CAF factions are extremely quiet? I can barely hear the AK 50m away, no sound mods installed.

20. When using CAF make sure you download the audio fix, which is included on the CAF armaholic download page.
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26326

You can ALSO download this, which replaces the standard CAF weapons with RHS weapons.
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27234

21. Edited 8 years ago by Shadow60_66

Awesome thanks. I did try the audio fix a while back but it seems to do nothing. RHS weapons are a perfect fix.

or Sign Up to reply!