[Bug] No Recording with ACE (Fixed in Dev)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@Numrollen Newest ace patch: Replaced isAlive function with alive command (#2622)
    will this help? Im not a coder, so... :P

Practically no difference between that function and the command. Just another file to have in the mod, so that's why they decided to remove the function and just stick with the command.

3. Ok thx. We disable now "ai can get unconscious". So hope this help us ;)

4. We noticed the same thing on ACE-enabled mission. It seems that if AI go unconscious (a medical module setting), when they finally die after the timeout expires, the death is self-attributed—you may notice the self-kills in the debriefing screens. As Numrollen said, disabling that feature should give you what you want.

5. Any news with this bug?

6. ^ I don't think this is anything that can be fixed by the ALiVE team

7. Friznit

27 Jan 2016 Administrator

We have no other options but to use Killed EH really. If scripted damage/death addons prevents that working, there's not a lot we can do from our side. It appears to break SWEC too.

8. Tupolov

30 Mar 2016 Administrator

I've put a fix in for the next release of ALiVE

9. Yay! so with ACE advanced medical active, kills should now report to War-Room? Awesome!

10. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It's not perfect, but better than before.

Edit: Now it's perfect :)

11. Tupolov

There are some gotchas...

Base ACE, units don't die straight away usually. Thanks to Glowbal we have put in place a mechanism to ensure people are rewarded with kills when AI finally do die after being injured.

ACE Medical Prevent Insta Death uses a different mechanism for kills (due to a BIS behaviour, setting damage to 1 doesn't call the KilledEH) and we require extra work to integrate with that.

I have not tested ACE Advanced Medical yet...

12. Tupolov

UPDATE: Pushed fix for ACE Medical including when Prevent Insta Death is enabled. Will be in next release.

13. Tupolov,

We use advanced medical on all of our stuff, any news on whether or not it is supposed to work with advanced? Doesnt seem to be working for us at this time. Thank you.

14. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Summoning The Great @Tupolov

15. I also confirmed that the issue is specifically with "revive" module and "allow unconscious" (either player or AI) will break it. I just exported an ACE3 config to our description.ext and am testing it right now.

@SpyderBlack723 if you get a chance can you take a look at our group stats and see if you can tell why it is not registering anything else? Seems that the operations are populating, but shots fired, etc are not.

16. Edited 8 years ago by Blaazouille

Same "issue" here. Playing with advanced medic, no revive, instant death enable.
    Killed are recorded correctly only when not dying from wounds (unconscious for a long time), it seems legit.
    We don't have any shot recorded either, do we have to update something like data module or to setup persistence in a "perfect" way to enable recording of shot fired ?

EDIT : My bad, I've got some ammunitions recorded, not all players have their fired shot recorded. Just took time to be persist in DB. I didn't saved our first mission correctly (#missions).
    Is there anyway to save a mission without kicking everybody ?

17. Tupolov

15 Apr 2016 Administrator

Save mission at the end only. Kicking people is required to upload their data.

I did ask Glowbal if there was anything different in Advanced Medical and he stated no.

I tested with ACE and didn't see any issues. Shots fired and kills were recorded. If AI doesn't die then the kill won't be recorded. You'll be surprised at how many AI look dead but in fact are not - and they take AGES to die.

I would ask:

1. Confirm shots fired and kills are recorded using normal ACE medical - remember shots fired isn't always updated immediately on the website (can take 4 hours). Go to the players live feed to see if kills are registered.

2. Give me exact Advanced Medical config and repro if you are sure its not working.

Cheers

18. @Tupolov I think everything works fine now.
    I just got some issue with some guys who don't have their shot fired save on their player profil, but I think they disconnect without saving and before I can save the mission.

My death didn't count when I fall unconscious and hit the respawn button because I needed to spectate the end of the game. This kind of death is not a real death I presume.

19. Deleted 8 years ago by Tupolov
  20. I am new to the persistence part of things, after we got the war room up and running we started dealing with random server crashes last night.

Being new to how the war room works, I wasnt aware players had to 'save' on logout. I will be sure to hit that and test it. Thanks.

Also, later today/tonight I will give you a pastebin of our description.ext where we export our advanced medical settings and see if you get the same experience.

Is the PerfMon known for causing random server crashes? It seems to happen randomly, in firefights, in the middle of nowhere, standing around at base, etc.

21. Tupolov

15 Apr 2016 Administrator

Players don't have to save they just need to disconnect, which is why they are kicked when u server save.

or Sign Up to reply!