ALiVE Command Tablet

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Oh I see, that clears up the difference and why there are two options, thanks.

I've put an onPlayerRespawn.sqf in with that command, as your interface is only meant to be available to a unit named "s1" I've changed it to "s1 addAction ["Tactical Command Interface","CreateDialog 'Spyder_TacticalCommand'"];" and added the line "removeAllActions s1;" in front of it, this should ensure that I don't end up with duplicates every time a player dies.

Looking forward to the updates, I think you should approach the developers about including this in C2ISTAR.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Looking forward to the updates, I think you should approach the developers about including this in C2ISTAR.

There's been talk, which is partly why I upgraded to the ALiVE Tablet UI (Thanks Friz), it was pretty important to keep everything tidy while still being able to add new features. It's also a question of how to implement it since it has features that cover 3 main categories (player support, group manager, C2ISTAR). In the meantime it doesn't hurt to keep making each feature feel more "official". There's also the whole roadmap thing, there's a lot of stuff on the plate before ALiVE v1.0.

I've actually setup a github page if you're interested, where it would be easier to upload changes on a more daily/feature basis instead of uploading to dropbox each time I want to get a new version up. With github you could just go to the link, and hit download and get the latest version easily. It's a bit unstable to download in it's current state, being in the midst of a re-haul of how 85% of things are structure but once it's done it should be fine.

4. I'm sure it could be integrated though, perhaps expanding the scope of C2ISTAR into a "Commander's Tablet" that allowed for group management functions as well as intel and tasking.

Github would be handy, I can see this becoming very useful as a feature, and making it easier to update can only be a good thing.

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Here's the main branch (basically same state as the download link above)
    https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/ALiVE-Tactical-Command/tree/master

Here's the reworked one which is WIP atm
    https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/ALiVE-Tactical-Command/tree/GUIRework

I usually update every maybe once a day (if I do anything) or after I get a good chunk of stuff done.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Big new update

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8z9qsw1a85od1p/ALiVE-Tactical-Command-GUIRework.zip?dl=0

Added

• Optimized a few functions, some could still use more work
    • Recon mission option
    • Mark units analysis option

Changed

• Urgency is now set to yes automatically (removed player input)
    • UI Rework (Thanks Friz for the ALiVE Tablet)
    • Units are handed back to OPCOM in a much safer way

Removed
    - Marking objectives by occupation (way too performance heavy)

I'll add important features as I remember them as there was a lot of stuff done over the course of this being converted to be used on the ALiVE Tablet.

This is a pretty big update, a lot of things have been added/changed/improved to make the overall experience of using the Tablet better. Let me know of any issues that popup during use, If you want, you may also download the latest version off the github page here . It will be updated whenever I finish something where as this post will only be updated for larger updates.

--
    Some info on the new AI mission type (Recon).

Click a location on the map and hit confirm mission. The closest infantry group (if any is nearby) to the clicked position will be chosen. They will moved to the clicked position and then spend a short time 'spotting' enemies. Once the delay is up, a radio message will notify you and they will move back to the original position they occupied prior to being given the mission. Every enemy that is visible from the clicked position will be marked with a red marker. Be warned, this does rely on the recon team having direct line of sight to the enemies. If there are mountains in the way then the enemies will be considered hidden and will not be marked.

7. Great news!!! On my way home now to check it out.

8. Thanks for the enthusiasm :) . I know you asked about testing something if I needed it, if you still want to do that, that is basically what the github link is for. When I have something ready to go I'll upload it to the github link and you can download it by hitting "Download Zip" on the right hand side.

9. Gonna check this out over the weekend... thanks for the update!

10. Only had about 30 minutes last night to mess around but all seemed to work well. Mainly used the recon feature. I'll use the GitHub link to keep updated thanks.

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Thanks :) Still wondering if I should have the recon unit only spot enemies that are "visible" or if I should just have it mark all nearby enemies so feedback is welcome... haven't had a chance to test it during an actual mission yet.

12. The guys I play with say only show what the recon unit can spot. But if the recon unit only checks for spotted units at the recon point you might actually miss units on the way there. If the recon unit could be set to check for spotted units at random intervals along the way to the recon point that might work for the more hardcore players.

For the other players an option to have it mark nearby enemies I think would work fine.

13. when the recon team spots a enemy unit in the mark on the map the exact location or have you factored in some uncertainty?

14. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It marks the enemy unit's exact location at that time. Meaning the random/uncertainty comes in when the enemy group moves. They may get marked at one position but then start moving away.

And thanks for the feedback on the recon thing. I had actually never thought of letting them mark units en route to the location.

15. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ok.... somehow the links got randomly reverted back to the old version and the new one was deleted from my dropbox account library... fixed
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8z9qsw1a85od1p/ALiVE-Tactical-Command-GUIRework.zip?dl=0

16. Get this message first time I select the tactical display..

Variable 'tacticalcommanddisplay' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

Once past that message all seems to be working fine.

17. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Lol, not sure what's up with that. I think I know how to fix it but I have never had that popup.

Since I can't really test this to make sure I'm fixing it, does it only pop up when initially opening the menu?

Thanks for letting me know.

p.s. I've updated the github link if you want to download a possible fix I just pushed.

18. Yes, just when you initially open it.

19. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Updated

V0.8

Added
    - Added High Command features (went from 5% to 95% in terms of functionality)

Changed
    - Consolidated functions

Other
    - Updated main post

This updates consists mostly of High Command feature implementations and some cleaning of the entire system.

High Command is Singleplayer-only for now, I'll probably treat this the same was as I did when I first released this script (I'll finish it up and then work towards MP implementation if possible).

A very quick rundown of how everything works.

Group Select Mode: Allows you to click on the map, if there is a profiled group within 300m of where you clicked then it will select the closest one.

Waypoint Mode: Clicking on the map will add 'Planned Waypoints' for that group, each click on the map will use the current waypoint settings at that time. You can change the waypoint settings by using hitting the 'waypoint settings' button and clicking the desired settings. If you click on the map with a standard move waypoint, then change settings to SAD (Search and Destroy), then the next click will output an SAD waypoint, while the first one remains a 'Move' waypoint. This way you can have multiple waypoints, each with unique settings.

Confirm Waypoints: Will execute all current planned waypoints for the currently selected group if any exist.

Clear Waypoints: Will clear the selected profile of all of it's waypoints, if any planned waypoints exist, it will delete this... in this case a second click will be needed to erase the waypoints that the group is already moving to.

Ambient Commands: This is currently WIP and is disabled for that reason. It will include the ability to wipe a profiles ambient commands such as "Ambient Movement" and "Garrison". It will also include the ability to apply those commands on profiles.

A quick note regarding visible waypoints, I tried to simply draw a line between each waypoint in order to show the order of waypoints easily without cluttering the map. However, the drawLine command has issues with variables and so I just went with a marker method that draws an arrow on the map. The arrow points in the direction from the prior waypoint to the next one and also scales based on the distance between each waypoint. Overall, it seems like a good alternative but if I can find a better way to do it I will.

As always, let me know if you discover any issues. Thanks to all who have downloaded and provided feedback already, it's a strong motivator to continue this, especially when free time starts to dwindle.

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ch67la3hlp8bgc/ALiVE-Tactical-Command.zip?dl=0

20. Downloading now and will play with it some tomorrow night. Thanks!!!

21. Unfortunately the :

Variable 'tacticalcommanddisplay' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

still show up.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!