Military Placement Module Question

1. 8 years ago

Following the outline of Grubes excellent Asymmetrical Warfare tutorial, i have made a mission from scratch. Based in Panthera, a small USMC recon unit runs behind enemy lines black ops against an occupying Russian force.

I have covered the island with 4 different markers for Opfor TAORs, and placed a single Military Placement (mil) Module and a single military placement (civ) with a force pool of 1200. In playtesting, it feels like I maybe need more opfor units, as 1200 can get lost in a map that big. To achieve this, would I create a second mil or Civ placement module, and then have one cover TAOR1 and TAOR2, and the other cover TAOR2 and TAOR4?

Essentially, I am asking - is it approximate to have more than one Military Placement (mil) Module in your mission?

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I think it might be better to go with a Military Placement (civ obj) in order to have a few forces wandering around towns and then fill up any military bases that need more units with a custom objective. For example, if you aren't getting enough units to spawn at the airfield, you could place a custom objective that spawns 2-3 groups at that area who will then patrol around in addition to the groups placed by the Military Placement module. It's a good way to achieve a balanced force size for each objective based on size/importance.

A second Military Placement (mil obj) could work but could lead to some bases being really overpopulated.

All up to your preference based on what you see during testing.

3. Thanks Spyder, makes sense, I'll chuck in a few more custom ones.

or Sign Up to reply!