Player position persisted, but ignored.

1. 8 years ago

Hi Everybody,

We are having a slight issue with player position persistence on our mission.
    It seems that the players position is persisted correctly, but is then ignored. What happen is when a players joins the mission we can see them spawn into their previous position but after a few seconds they are then moved back to the main base/respawn west location.

Has anybody seen this behavior before or has an idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Mission : Modified version of Operation Landlord. (Added many new vehicles, players, combat support arty and trans, ACE modules)
    Mod list : @ALiVE;@AliveServer;@CBA_A3;@ace3;@aceserver;@ctab;@task_force_radio;

2. Friznit

29 Jun 2015 Administrator

Could be ACE, could be a respawn template... We can't really tell if it's an ALiVE issue until you reproduce the problem without other mods running.

3. I fully understand that the issue is probably not related to ALiVE and that direct support if therefore not possible. :)

But in any case if somebody has seen and solved this issue with ACE and ALiVE please let me know.

Thanks

4. Friznit

I've been using both together without issues. Have you placed something like the ACE rally module down? Or perhaps set up a respawn template or something that moves players after init?

5. Yeah, I have also used it without issues on 0.9.8 for several ops, it was only after the update that the problem began. (I did make several other mission changes during the same time-span so its hard to nail down what the specific cause is).

I based the mission on the sample 'Operation Landlord' mission and I haven't changed the respawn settings in the description.ext from the default:
    respawn = BASE;
    respawnDelay = 3;
    respawnDialog = 1;
    disabledAI = 1;
    respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
    respawnButton = 0;
    respawnOnStart = 0;

Any issues with these settings?

I did have the ACE respawn module added for a while (Might have been added at the same time as 0.9.9) but have since removed it. I did notice that the mission.sqm still referenced the module even though it was no longer in the mission file, so I have manually removed it now and that is something I still have to test.

No, the ACE rally module is not something I have even looked at.

6. Friznit

Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

ACE respawn with gear should have no impact

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"}; will send you to the location you select in the respawn menu, but with respawnOnStart = 0; that should not impact persistent location (in theory). Certainly one to test though.

You could also try adding waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])}; in init.sqf - that will force init to wait until player persistence has fully loaded before running anything else. This can have some unintended side effects if players don't actually have any persistence to load though, so take note of how other scripts react.

7. Thanks for the suggestions, I definitely have some variations to test.

Will report back with the results.

8. Did you get anywhere with becoming as I have the same issue with all ALiVE missions. It loads you in with the correct gear at the correct location but almost straight away move you to your initial/mission template start position (still with correct gear).

9. Sorry *with this beocom. Silly autocorrect!

10. highhead

6 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

please try to use that for a try (only this additional params, no respawnTemplate etc.):

briefing = 1;
    debriefing = 1;
    respawn = 3;
    respawnDelay = 15;
    RespawnDialog = 0;

PS: also do not use respawn manager modules in this test please

11. Hi Highhead,

Just to let you know I used those settings on the Operation Landlord mission (modified to work with RHS/ACE) and it did save the position once I rejoined.

Seems to work. Thank you!

12. Sorry guys have been away on vacation and been out of the loop.

I can also confirm that these settings seem to have solved the problem for us as well.

Thanks for the help.

or Sign Up to reply!