Unable to complete 'Close Air Support (military range)' c2istar task?! (SOLVED)

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by Macnme

I'm hoping someone could give me some advice on how I can complete this mission.

I'm trying to set up a (2-3 player co-op) multiplayer Stratis Insurgency map (using the 'quick start insurgency tutorial').
    I've got pretty much everything set up and running as I'd like.

The only problem I'm encountering is the c2istar task generator creating a mission called "Close Air Support (military range)".
    The mission has a first part - go to a marker and receive co-ordinates, which normally spawns out at sea - we go to the marker and that mission task completes; - then we are told to go to a mission marker and "provide CAS to friendly troops in the area"; which normally spawns centrally in the map - between the Bluefor and Opfor AOs -
    And I can't figure out how to complate the task.

I've tried circling a transport at the marker on "open fire";
    I've tried calling in CAS from the ALiVE commander tab; on attack runs, SAD, loiter.
    I've tried spawning in a heli and patroling the area myself.

There are no friendly or enemy units within at least 1k of the mission marker.

I do not have any planes or the 'arma 3 alive military air component commander' mod set up in my game, could that be the issue?

Or maybe I'm just being an Arma 3 newb, and there's some obvious way to complete the mission I'm unaware of?

I'd really appreciate any help or advice - as when ever this mission pops up - it means we have to stop/restart.
    Or is there a way I could blacklist that specific mission from the c2istar Mod?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sometimes the tasks get bugged or have issues that have not been fixed as of yet. You can blacklist certain tasks... see here for more info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

http://alivemod.com/forum/1226-auto-generated-task-editing/

3. Very helpful - exactly what I was looking for.
    Thank you

or Sign Up to reply!