{SOLVED} ALiVEserver not read by server?

1. 4 years ago

Hey! So I'm trying to add ALiVE WarRoom integration to my unit's server. Sadly I'm having some trouble.

What I've done to install:

• Download and run the @ALiVE mod on clients
    • Download and add @ALiVE to command line start (server)
    • Make mission with multiple ALiVE modules including ALiVE Data and chose cloud save
    • Made an account on the War Room and followed the instructions to sync server meaning:

-Checking for the microsoft dependency (don't remember on the top of my head which one it was)
    -Adding the alive config file to arma 3 root folder
    -Adding @ALiVEserver to server FTP and Command line startup (param.'mod=')

Following that I tried running everything but couldn't (RPT is following up). I did some troubleshooting but couldn't succeed anywhere, I've come tot he conclusion that the server wasn't able to read @AliveServer. (tough I'm no Arma 3 modding pro so I might be wrong, but it does sure look like it.)

Questions:
    Have I tested with CBA & ALiVE only?
    -Yes I have, same log error.

Server-sided issue?
    -After checking with my server host I can confirm it is not a server-sided issue.

Where is the full RPT?
    -I've only copied the main parts due to the huge file size. If you want to see it I'll upload the full file for sure. (I removed re peating lines of errors due to our mods mostly)

LOGS:
    server.rpt https://pastebin.com/MbyhERnN
    ALiVE.rpt https://pastebin.com/F2JrkwZ6

Let me know how I can go about solving this issue or if you need anymore data.
    Kind Regards

2. @AliveServer should be ran as a server mod , -serverMod=@AliveServer;

3. So I forgot to mention that but I tried running @AliveServer as a server mod but I forgot to remove it from the mods param as well. I tried it again and got a slightly different ALiVE outcome on the server.rpt

c:\bis\source\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
     Mission id: 6676ccbe589b2c1cb94cda0dadf80f547b4f063f
    Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_storeparamsvalues_data

+MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
             ..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
              ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
             +MMMMMMMM~MMMMMMMM~~~~~~$MMMMMMMMM=~~~~~~~~~~=7MMMMMMM$~~~~==~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$MMM. 
             MMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .Z      MMMMMMM.    .M                IMMMM   
            7MMMMMMMMN MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM......M.      MMMMM..   .+M     .          7MMMM.  
            MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     MMMMM     .MM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  
           +MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MM?      MMM     .MMM     .~~~~~~~~~MMMMMMM   
          .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMM     .MMM.   ..MMM               MMMMMMMM  
          IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMM    . M     .MMMM     .        .MMMMMMMM  
         .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMMI..   =     MMMMM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. 
         $MMMMMMMMM+   MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMM..        :MMMMM     ............MMMMMMM.  
         MMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM.      . MMMMMM                 MMMMMMMM   
        IMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM:      .MMMMMMM                .MMMMMMMM.   

ALiVE Global INIT
    ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
    ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT
    CallExtension loaded: ALiVEPlugIn (@AliveServer\ALiVEPlugIn.dll) [2.1.0.0] [2.1.0.0]

ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ["StartALiVE","OK","Performance Monitor: Enabled"]
    DATA: Attempting to load ALiVE web services config.
    ALiVE-3.76 CONNECTED TO CLOUD SERVICE AND PERFDATA IS ALLOWED
    DATA: Loading data dictionary dictionary_CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY.
    ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['{"error":"not_found","reason":"missing"}
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_data/dictionary_CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']
    DATA: No data dictionary found, might be new mission
    DATA: Starting AAR system.
    DATA: Waiting for global DISABLED variable...
    DATA: SYS DATA enabled: true
    DATA: Starting stats system.
    "Operation: Opération Barkhane"
    Adding ACE Stats EHs to player <NULL-object>
    ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.516006
    ALiVE SYS_DATA - ASYNC WRITE LOOP STARTING
    "perfMonitor.fsm started"
    "perfMonitor.fsm init completed"
    ALiVE [m_1|40] Module ALiVE_require INIT
    ALiVE [m_2|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT
    ALiVE [m_2|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0
    ALiVE [m_3|42] Module ALiVE_sys_adminactions INIT
    ALiVE [m_3|42] Module ALiVE_sys_adminactions INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0
    ALiVE [m_4|43] Module ALiVE_SYS_spotrep INIT
    DATA: Loading spot report data.
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_spotrep/CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']
     ------------------ Inspecting Hash -------------------- 
     ------------------ Inspection Complete -------------------- 
    ALiVE [m_4|43] Module ALiVE_SYS_spotrep INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0440063
    ALiVE [m_5|44] Module ALiVE_SYS_marker INIT
    DATA: Loading marker data.
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_marker/CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']
    ALiVE [m_5|44] Module ALiVE_SYS_marker INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0309982
    ALiVE [m_6|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT
    ALiVE staticData Handler loading started
    ALiVE SETTING UP MAP: tem_anizay
    MAP NOT INDEXED OR DEDI SERVER FILE LOAD... ALiVE LOADING MAP DATA: tem_anizay
    ALiVE staticData Handler loading finished
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_logistics/CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']
    ALiVE [m_6|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.433998
    ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT
    ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 10240
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_profile/CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']
    ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.722
    ALiVE [m_8|70] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT
    ALiVE-6.285 ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","moduleType","startupComplete","debug","spawnRadius","spawnTypeJetRadius","spawnTypeHeliRadius","activeLimiter","spawnCycleTime","despawnCycleTime","listenerID","ambientCivilianRoles","ambientCrowdSpawn","ambientCrowdDensity","ambientCrowdLimit","ambientCrowdFaction"],[{
    	private _fnc_scriptNameParent = if (isNil '_fnc_scriptName') then {'ALiVE_fnc_civilianPopulationSystem'} else {_fnc_scriptName};
    	private _fnc_scriptName = 'ALiVE_fnc_civilianPopulationSystem';
    	scriptName _fnc_scriptName;

#line 1 "\x\alive\addons\amb_civ_population\fnc_civilianPopulationSystem.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_civilianPopulationSystem]"

As you can see, the error "ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['{"error":"not_found","reason":"missing"}
    '] CMD: SendJSON ['GET','sys_logistics/CPA10_CPA-10_ANIZAY','']" is still present and the war room is still failing to sync.

4. If the .dll file is somewhere inside the @aliveserver folder then ask the server host, they might be blocking it for whatever reason.

5. As stated above, I have checked with my server host. They have checked twice if the problem might be from their side but I can confirm this is not the case.

6. do you see the .dll's on the server ?

7. The .dll is indeed in there.
    I've also messaged back to my host asked to check again (and linked them to this forum). I'll keep you updated on that part.

8. Windows likes to block useful files like .dlls if they are downloaded from the unwashed Internet. Hopefully your host is aware of this and checked however it might be worth mentioning just to make sure. (In Windows you need to right-click the .dll, Properties, check for an 'unblock' button).

9. Hey @SavageCDN . So I'm still waiting for an answer from my host. Regarding unblocking files, I only have access to the FTP and such, not my server's OS. Any workaround the unblock I could do before uploading it to the server?

10. No your host will have to do it... no way that I am aware of via TCAdmin (or whatever software your host is using).

11. Ok so my host has changed the parameters giving me new errors in the logs.

c:\bis\source\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
     Mission id: 54185579ac918251077b7d0b243e0f4f8f667d75

+MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
             ..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
             +MMMMMMMM~MMMMMMMM~~~~~~$MMMMMMMMM=~~~~~~~~~~=7MMMMMMM$~~~~==~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$MMM. 
             MMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .Z      MMMMMMM.    .M                IMMMM   
            7MMMMMMMMN MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM......M.      MMMMM..   .+M     .          7MMMM.  
            MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     MMMMM     .MM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  
           +MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MM?      MMM     .MMM     .~~~~~~~~~MMMMMMM   
          .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMM     .MMM.   ..MMM               MMMMMMMM  
          IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMM    . M     .MMMM     .        .MMMMMMMM  
         .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMMI..   =     MMMMM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. 
         $MMMMMMMMM+   MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMM..        :MMMMM     ............MMMMMMM.  
         MMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM.      . MMMMMM                 MMMMMMMM   
        IMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM:      .MMMMMMM                .MMMMMMMM.   

ALiVE Global INIT
    CallExtension loaded: ALiVEPlugIn (@AliveServer\ALiVEPlugIn.dll) [2.1.0.0] [2.1.0.0]

ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['StartALiVE','ERROR','['curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() failed']'] CMD: StartALiVE ['false']
    ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE-3.663 CONNECTED TO CLOUD SERVICE AND PERFDATA IS ALLOWED
    ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.287003
    ALiVE [m_2|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.000999451
    ALiVE [m_4|43] Module ALiVE_SYS_spotrep INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0289993
    ALiVE [m_5|44] Module ALiVE_SYS_marker INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0419998
    ALiVE [m_6|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.446999
    ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.720001
    "ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
    ALiVE-6.208 ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","moduleType","startupComplete","debug","spawnRadius","spawnTypeJetRadius","spawnTypeHeliRadius","activeLimiter","spawnCycleTime","despawnCycleTime","listenerID","ambientCivilianRoles","ambientCrowdSpawn","ambientCrowdDensity","ambientCrowdLimit","ambientCrowdFaction"],[{
    	private _fnc_scriptNameParent = if (isNil '_fnc_scriptName') then {'ALiVE_fnc_civilianPopulationSystem'} else {_fnc_scriptName};

#line 1 "\x\alive\addons\amb_civ_population\fnc_civilianPopulationSystem.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_civilianPopulationSystem]"

Any idea what this error might be about?

12. Same results? War Room does not sync with the mission? Does the mission load otherwise?

13. Mission loads fine, works fine, only missing persistence. Modules such as IED, CQB, Civi, Asymmetric warfare, ext work fine.

14. ALiVE Extension (ALiVEPlugIn) Error: ['StartALiVE','ERROR','['curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() failed']'] CMD: StartALiVE ['false']

This usually means that the server can't reach our server. Again something for your host to look at. :P

15. Edited 4 years ago by SavageCDN

We've run into this issue before with certain hosts where for whatever reason they cannot connect to our WR server. Have your host run a ping and traceroute test to:

db.alivemod.com
    alivemod.com

edit: thread from a similar issue
    http://alivemod.com/forum/4284-solved-dedicated-server-not-connecting

16. I've let them know. Also here is their response to you @SavageCDN

I have sent this to the dev.

If you would like instead of being the middle man in this situation. Tell the Alive Dev that he is more than welcome to come talk to us directly. We can work with them to get their mod working. Seeing how dedicated they are to helping you we would love to automate their mod with our service and get it to work with a One click.(Mod manager) They can create a account on here and talk to us.

Best Regards,
    Brandon O
    Technical Support Operative
    www.CitadelServers.com

17. Thanks I'll contact Citadel and see what can be done.

18. Glad to know, let me know how it goes ^^

19. It looks like success... can you give it a test on your end?

Thank you very much for getting a hold of us to help with this issue and sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner but we've been working on this very hard. I believe we actually have it working fully if this log is correct.

[2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] Configuration 'alive.cfg' read OK.
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] Alive Config:
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] Type: JSON
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] User: ivihecycegu6i5eve4enyrizeladyzin
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] Pass: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] Group: CPA10
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [debug] URL: http://db.alivemod.com:5984
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] Checking WarRoom access...
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] URL: http://alivemod.com/api/authorise?group=CPA10&localDB=false
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] WarRoom access granted.
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] Checking DB access...
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] DB access granted.
    [2019-06-21 07:01:03] [info] ALiVE successfully initialized.

Best Regards,

Shea Sharrock
    Sales & Technical Support Operative

20. Hum.... Confusion intensifies...

Mission id: 0ee41df239d871b528d7e66192971c95d1c6e119

+MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
             ..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

ALiVE Global INIT
    CallExtension loaded: ALiVEPlugIn (C:\TCAFiles\Users\raphaelb\18676\@AliveServer\ALiVEPlugIn.dll) [2.1.0.0] [2.1.0.0]

ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ["StartALiVE","OK","Performance Monitor: Enabled"]
    ALiVE-3.788 CONNECTED TO CLOUD SERVICE AND PERFDATA IS ALLOWED
    ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.563004
    ALiVE [m_2|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.000999451
    ALiVE [m_4|43] Module ALiVE_SYS_spotrep INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0289993
    ALiVE [m_5|44] Module ALiVE_SYS_marker INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0289993
    ALiVE [m_6|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.475998
    ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.724998
    "ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
    ALiVE-6.328 ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","moduleType","startupComplete","debug","spawnRadius","spawnTypeJetRadius","spawnTypeHeliRadius","activeLimiter","spawnCycleTime","despawnCycleTime","listenerID","ambientCivilianRoles","ambientCrowdSpawn","ambientCrowdDensity","ambientCrowdLimit","ambientCrowdFaction"],[{

Persistency still dosn't work in the mission. Where can I have a look at now?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!