ALiVE explained - A new video tutorial series!

1. 5 years ago

Hey guys Mannimal here,

I have took it upon myself to start making some fresh tutorial videos for ALiVE. As I explained in the video I feel like most of the tutorials available on youtube are either outdated or incomplete and for me to learn the ins and outs of this mod I have had to combine multiple bits of information to get where I am at today. I am going to start off with the basics and move onto more advanced stuff in later videos.

I would appreciate some feedback as this is my first video/guide I have ever uploaded! I would also appreciate some support to!

Thanks!
    :)

2. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

Yes we need updated vids for sure. Just make sure you not only show the process and clicks in detail, but verbalize everything for those times when we can only listen more than watch - like at work ;-)

One issue I've never found in any vid, or anywhere really, is detailed info on how to set the mil/civ/custom objective modules internal settings properly.

EX of what is never really explained;; I want to have an invasion setup. I have mil commanders synced to civ and mil objective modules, with module set to 'place units' and set to a TAOR that is considered the starting point or HQ, what have you. So now I have troops spawning in defined civ and mil locations. That part is clear.

I have the above mil and civ objective modules synced to both AI commanders. So now each commander is aware of each others objectives .

What is foggy is if I want my previously spawned units to move to and occupy another area that I have defined with yet another set of civ/mil modules with defined TAOR and the module set to 'objective only', so no troops spawn, but move to this defined TAOR. What is unclear is what should the other settings on these objective modules be set to? Do I put '0' (zeros) in the overide troop counts or leave blank? What do I set amount of troops to? Do I set modules to no HQ established or does it workout that if yes selected, troop will move then setup a HQ?

Do I have to have motorized or armor units spawned in in order to receive reinforcements or it is fine to just spawn infantry and still get my reinforcements ( this was stated in one of these threads and never addressed, so not sure...seems like troops spawn just using light infantry setting, but I have not quantified it.

What about cust objective module? Can I use that to have troop move to instead of just spawning? If so how is this done. If not possible then that should be stated.

These types of specific and in depth questions are hardly ever addressed, yet it's a big part of the Alive system. There are hundreds of basic how to vids, which many/most are still relevant, but more in-depth vids are hard to find, that address the nuances of scenario setup.

Sorry for bloviating...I just was looking for vids yesterday to address some of my questions to no avail. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Good day!!
    DrDetroit

3. @DrDetroit for the custom objective that is covered in the wiki for sure. Its a little more complicated but you can either set it to work as part of the invasion or occupation and set the troops to zero. In invasion they will prioritize the objectives based on the information the OPCOM responsible for it has or they will place it at the bottom of their list if it is way down there. On occupation they will get around to covering it WHEN it falls into the list of objectives based on the information you entered.

4. Excellent work.. thumbs up on YT

5. Hey guys second video of my tutorial series is now up go give it a watch and share with others!

6. Deleted 5 years ago by SINS
  7. Thanks a lot!!!

I want to ask if you maybe can make, like a final video on how to create an infinite ALiVE Mission where both sides gonna attack each other with slow progress so the struggle might last for about days or a week on a good server.

Why I am asking?

I'd like to run a server where players can join either side and push their side to the victory. So actually the player interactions will have real impact on the outcome of one side but still the battles will continue to keep up the 'active/living war'

8. Hey guys,

Recently added two new videos to my tutorial series go check them out!

9. Nice work

or Sign Up to reply!