Multiple Asymmetric Opcoms

1. 7 years ago

I am making a Clafghan mission with 3 different factions:
    ind (LOP_AM), at war with red and blue
    red (ISC_IS) at war with blue and ind
    blue (rhs_faction_usarmy_d,rhs_faction_usmc_wd)

Both the more serious ISIS and the less capable militia forces will be asymmetric OPCOMs working against the US (and one another). My issue is that I need both of them to place CQB units and IEDs. Can I simply sync the CQB module and IED module up to both OPCOMs?

2. IED module yes, can be single module synced to both OPCOMS. For CQB module it is probably safer to just use two modules.

3. Thx. Is two modules for IED also an option? Would be nice to do a low amount of randomly placed IEDs using one module, and then sync a second to the asymmetric opcom to give enemy areas a little more density.

4. yeah... that made a big red box lol. maybe something to think about for the devs though... letting us layer stuff in that manner. like photoshop lol.

5. Same problem here. I want the bluefor to find a fully mined area after mission start but Opfor should place more of Bluefor don't protect areas.

You ca use the BIS mine moduls but that would make a server restart impossible because it instantly replaces all removed mines.

In my project I plan to place the inktial minefields with Zeus.

6. @matze I found a great script while working on this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23995

Works like a charm man. For your purposes, you can make an area marker and then set the script to spawn x amount of IED's of x size within that marker area... poof, minefield. Script also has some awesome visuals and logical placement, if you just want to try random IED's.

I'm guessing this takes away from the asymmetric aspect somehow, not sure if IED from factory to ground is fully modeled but if it is, this would obviously break that... Currently I have ALiVE IED's turned off, but have left suicides and VBIED on. Looking for an SVBIED script.

7. I wouldn't say it takes away, glad you made me aware if it. :) IEDs go from factory to insurgent to ground when linked to OPCOM, but unless the scenario is modeling the instant the insurgency began, such options allow us to better model that it's not day one. ;)

or Sign Up to reply!