Trigger on hostility level?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It's.. It's dark in here

Maybe I'll just go full steam towards that basketball scholarship. Fast-track it to the NBA. Profit $$
    Buy myself out of this basement.

joking side: all donations appreciated, thanks!

3. ALIVE_fnc_updateSectorHostility grabs all clusters in a map-grid and changes their hostility. Just an easier way to grabbing a "region" of towns and keeping them all in similar hostility situations

4. Edited 7 years ago by Bad Quaker

Will I get a picture to stick on my refrigerator of the starving developer I'm supporting?

(If that reference flew over your head, click here.)

And thanks @SpyderBlack723. Very clear explanation.

5. Oh god Sally Struthers? You're dating yourself there Bad Quacker ;)

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That video brought me back to that african child donation craze of 06-09 or whenever the hell that was

Those commercials were everywhere!

7. Friznit

19 Jul 2016 Administrator

@Bad Quaker It seems like the hostility system is complex enough to where there should possibly be a page on the wiki dedicated to it. If/when I wrap my head around it sufficiently, I could take a first crack.

There's a lot of stuff that goes on under the hood that is not on the wiki because it's deliberately focused on the player experience rather than developers or scripting. We've been tossing around ideas of how to bring some of the background simulation in ALiVE to the surface in a credibly realistic way: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/40

8. Is the hostility level persistent?

9. Yes

10. Awesome, good to know.

or Sign Up to reply!