Combat support Artillery Issue

1. 7 years ago

Not sure what's going on but my artillery module won't fire. When I give a fire mission they cycle through the messages as if they have fired, they turn to face the target but they do not elevate the gun or fire.

I've been using CUP M119 and Mortar team. I've tried using the module and placing the unit the syncing after putting correct lines in the unit init.

They have previously worked fine when I used RHS units.
    Anybody else suffering it?

2. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

I actually ran into this issue yesterday testing the IFA3 mod in alive. I assumed it was the mortar units I was using but good to know you are experiencing it with CUP. Same experience - short delay then mortar turns to face target - no firing. Tablet reports unit has fire mission. Will investigate further.

To note it will work with vanilla factions (or at least BLU_F and a mk6 mortar) either via module or synced to CS module.

3. Thank god it's not just me

4. Anyone found a work round or is this something for the Alive team?

5. Will need a test using vanilla units before moving further, but most likely a bug.

6. Cheers Spyder

7. In my quick tests last week it did seem to work in vanilla but I'm going to try and repro this over the weekend.

or Sign Up to reply!