Maybe we have a problem with ALiVE Persistence and VCOM????

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Nichols

Current mission setup when I log in as admin and hit server save and exit it dumps me right back into the lobby and does not go to the ALiVE tablet at all to save the mission. So therefore we get nothing for persistence and we are having to manually adjust our mission each time we want to move it ahead.

My thought is would there be a way to whitelist ALiVE functions via the description.ext file for a mission to ensure that they are running alongside other mods?

2. About to run a quick test with ACE, CBA, ALiVE and TFR Tanoa Takedown Mission ACE3 Files (has a pbo from ACE 3 in it only; nothing else) and using the incognito script function from Incontinea since he uses the CfgRemoteExec function in his description.ext as well.

3. @Nichols I realize this is probably not helpful and not scientific but if in doubt, try to save the exact same mission just without any trace of VCOM and see if it behaves normally.

Obviously that’s not ideal and doesn’t solve anything but it will narrow it down and possibly get the mission at least saving so you can play.

4. Edited 5 years ago by Nichols

Yeah I have done that which is why I am moving into full blown test mode. Incognito runs the same thing that may be triggering the failure in the script in the description.ext file. It was easier to setup the basic repro mission for me than to redo all the other stuff in the regular mission. At least this way I can test my hypothesis before I really go out on a limb further than I already have.

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS

Two separate tests done and both with same results.

First test RPT done with incognito script function which uses the same CfgRemoteExec call in a description.ext file....no persistence save was able to be done when using admin menu and choosing save and exit. Game exited directly to lobby without ALiVE tablet coming up for save procedure.

Second test RPT done without incognito script and same result as all other times...no persistence save was able to be done when using admin menu and choosing save and exit. Game exited directly to lobby without ALiVE tablet coming up for save procedure.

So my hypothesis is shot down pretty quickly. I am still left wondering what in the hell is happening that keeps us from being able to have persistence via the War Room.

6. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Does a mission with just ALiVE and CBA and no other mods or outside scripts save and exit properly?

@Nichols

7. So no they didn't save but I think I found the issue. Will know more in about 5 minutes from my time right now.

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS this is what I just found in running the test and taking a deep dive into our server files.

Issue posted on the Alive GitHub.

or Sign Up to reply!