how to toggle "Show commander objectives" by script?

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Imbazil

Hello,

I think the "show commander objectives" of C2ISTAR looks really neat and would like the regular map to have this look per default, I can see that the regular map updates in the background to mirror what is shown on the tablet but when I close the tablet the regular map obviously reverts back to normal.

Is there a line of code I could type in somewhere to toggle / activate this manually? I tried looking in the functions viewer but I was unable to make out the correct commands.

2. Still haven't managed to get this working, anyone know if it's doable?

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I mean, it's not the suggestion you're looking for (I can't script), but what about using the option in the C2ISTAR module to show map Intel? You can even set it to show everything if you wanted.

4. I was unable to find it in the module settings. I am talking about the extra markers that show up when you hit "show commander objectives" and select the blufor commander under intel. Arrows showing where the units are moving and current objectives and such. Is there already a option for those that I missed?

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

In the C2ISTAR module, go down to the display map intel toggle and turn it on. Then you can choose low/medium/high/full intel coverage and also choose which sides intel will show for.

I'm not sure it will accomplish exactly what you're looking for, but if I were you I'd mess around with it on full coverage and see if you can filter it for only the sides you want and see how it goes.

I'd have to test this myself to give you a better answer. Generally I just make Insurgency missions to reveal discovered insurgent HQ's so I'm unfamiliar with the depth of map Intel that can be revealed for the human side (non-Assymetric) or conventional commanders but it may be worth a try without banging your head against a wall trying to script a solution.

Here's a link to the wiki for C2ISTAR: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Command_%26_Control

6. That is what I'm using now but those settings don't seem to include all the info you get when the mode above gets activated. It works fine this way as well I just thought it would be a small thing to activate it sinse the functionality already exist.

7. The functionality is self contained within the module's code due to the nature of how the data has to be obtained. You would have to recreate this.

8. Ah i see, that explains why I didn't find it, I guess you could consider this as a feature request for a new module setting then ;)

or Sign Up to reply!