Isla Duala

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Has anyone else tried using this map recently for an ALiVE campaign?

I've been building a campaign on it this weekend and I noticed some peculiar things.

Civs still spawn fine, CQB units spawn fine, and the objectives seem to be working fine as well when I look at the intel tablet.

However...actual profiles spawning from the Mil Obj and Civ Obj modules seem to be VERY VERY sparse or not spawning at all. Manually placed units that I virtualized and CQB units seem to be the only units spawning in on most parts of the map.

I have seen some profiles spawn in as well, but as I said..it's VERY sparse. I have both modules set to 400 profiles and I'd say maybe 40 are spawning in.

If the objectives are working properly..wouldn't the spawning work properly as well?

Anyone else notice this?

This is probably one of my top 3 favorite maps and is one of the very few good African maps out there. I'd hate to not be able to utilize it for my campaign.

2. Can you grab a quick screenshot with civ and mil obj modules debugged?

3. I remember last time I tried it I had very little civilians spawning. I've been hanging out to make a mission on Isla Duala but have been waiting for Icebreakr to update it. He's said the next release won't be obfuscated so it should be fairly easy to index.

4. @JD_Wang I remember last time I tried it I had very little civilians spawning. I've been hanging out to make a mission on Isla Duala but have been waiting for Icebreakr to update it. He's said the next release won't be obfuscated so it should be fairly easy to index.

That's good news.

As I said, its one of my favorite maps and is really the only good "non jungle" African map out there to use for African campaigns. I guess I'll put this campaign on the shelf until it's reindexed.

5. Yea last time I used it it was pretty wonky in that sense too

6. I think the last time we used it we setup as an expeditionary type force that had landed on the extreme southern part and pushed north...anyway it was a good mission and I have the mission file around here somewhere but we had to have some pretty heavy custom objectives on it due to the way it was indexed.

7. Yeah I'm really in the mood to do an Insurgency mission vs African Rebels. Just have to wait for Icebreakr to update it, and then someone to index it.
    I'm fairly sure he's in the process of updating all his maps so they are obfuscated which is great news.

or Sign Up to reply!