OPCOM knowing when to stop pushing due to losses

1. 7 years ago

Is there any way to have ALiVE OPCOM know how to hold up an advance till their resupply/reinforcement of troops has been achieved?

I am asking because in our community we tend to have conventional forces fighting each other more than not but one of our issues is we don't have guys on 24/7 each day. So the big question I am asking is would there be a way to limit the advance of the AI without creating blacklists or extensive Zeus controls? Such as a setting in one of the modules or otherwise? If not is this something that we can look for in the future as an additional module or an addition to an existing module?

2. Autopause should alleviate this. If you have Autopause set to yes, then AI will effectively "freeze" until human players connect to the server again.

Also...try setting the AI to "Occupation" rather than "Invasion". This means that the AI will wait to advance to its next target until it has a larger number of units (4 I believe) available for the assault. Until then...it will wait to advance. This combined with slowing profile speed to 50 or 75% will help to get a "slower burn" on the campaign and longer battles.

3. Will try that as we have an "occupation" type scenario up next. The current one is a little different as we have been playing against an invading type force but our objectives have been to beat them back across the DMZ and then attack their homeland.

I wish we had a way to change this on the fly without completely redoing the mission structure. Having the autopause available via Zeus or Ares would be a big help.

4. This would be apart of future OPCOM enhancements (ticket on GH)

5. @AUTigerGrad Autopause should alleviate this. If you have Autopause set to yes, then AI will effectively "freeze" until human players connect to the server again.

Also...try setting the AI to "Occupation" rather than "Invasion". This means that the AI will wait to advance to its next target until it has a larger number of units (4 I believe) available for the assault. Until then...it will wait to advance. This combined with slowing profile speed to 50 or 75% will help to get a "slower burn" on the campaign and longer battles.

Are you positive auto-pause is working with insurgency? I've had quite a few conversations with other users saying it currently is NOT. If so, how are you accomplishing this aside from just putting the option to yes in ALiVE Required (or is it Data? Sorry. Not at home but you know what I mean)?

6. Auto pause appears to be working for me. Our campaign on Sahrani I've noticed that all profiles do stop when humans aren't connected to the server.

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Let me know the next time you get an insurgency up. I've had several PM's about the feature not working. JD_Wang reported it here on his end too. Again, this is assuming the only thing that needs to be done is setting the option to "yes." A year or so ago someone posted a script to accomplish that here but I think that was before auto-pause became an official option?

8. Yeah I've got auto pause turned on and things still seem to happen when the server is empty.
    I supplied server rpt's as requested, as did someone else in that thread, but then that's as far as it went. I haven't seen a confirmation one way or the other.

9. @JD_Wang Yeah I've got auto pause turned on and things still seem to happen when the server is empty.
    I supplied server rpt's as requested, as did someone else in that thread, but then that's as far as it went. I haven't seen a confirmation one way or the other.

Maybe you should just open a ticket with the rpt and let the Devs decide what's going on here then. As I said before, I'd open one myself but I don't have a 24/7 server to verify it myself on.

or Sign Up to reply!