CAS Fighter Jet RTB Crash

1. 7 years ago

Hi All,

Created a simple map with a number of support helicopters and a fighter jet.

As expected, Helicopters provide support and RTB if ordered, land, refuel/arm and are reset to be called out again.

The Jet however, Taxis from hanger, takes off, provides support as instructed but when ordered to RTB attempts to land on the soft areas just off or close to the runway and inevitably crashes.

Even if it manages to line up with the runway (not very often) it still crashes upon touching the tarmac??

Any ideas?

2. Jets are a nightmare. I wanted to add the CUP harrier to my Takistan mission. It takes off fine, lands perfectly but when it tries to taxi around the taxiway to take it's position at the end of the runway again, it always gets stuck half way on... well nothing really.

I've has this happen with the CAS drone as well. Now I've come to the conclusion that Jets, not unlike Artillery, are more hassle than they're worth, so I just don't put them in.

I've thought about using the BIS support modules and just using virtual artillery/jets, but that just adds another mechanic and confuses the player.

3. Jets DLC!!!! :)

4. Would prefer an "AI DLC" to be honest :P

5. A4 DLC anyone?

6. Yes please.

7. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

This has been an issue since Day One with AI pilots not being able to figure out runways... some maps seem to be better than others. My only suggestion is to make sure the runway is clear of any and all objects, units and animals.

In the A2 days there was a script called ATCRabbit - all it did was spawn in a rabbit on the runway to block planes taking off as the AI pilots refused to run them over!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/125176-kremator-presents-battlezone-mso-patrolops2-atcrabbit/page-10#entry2102840

or Sign Up to reply!